Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Mar 13, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,531 of 1,830
  Yes By Root (See Post before about Onkyo DX1), but I have no Root my XDP, later I will do It.. xD

But I Think if we Root XDP, we can use ALL Other Sofware in Hardware Mode...
But I don't know How do it.... xD

Well, let put a call out for HELP.

Is there anyone out there who can provided Step-by-Step instruction or a good link on how to Root the XDP-100R player for us new owners who want to use PowerDB and be able to access the XDP DAC Hardware.

Thanks

Andre

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #1,532 of 1,830
On Android Smartphone Root is complicated, many Version, many Type Android.... xD

For my ASUS ZENPHONE II it's a version Taiwan, different Rooting of other version...xD
Rooting diferent for Android version, dependly of many other versions Internal hardware... xD

For XDP I thing it will be more easy, juste one or Two versions I thing.... xD

I think we must just Waiting a update of PowerAmp for HD Drivers, may be later we will have Uptdate, if not, Mandatory to Root... xD

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #1,534 of 1,830
If you look into my profile my previous post you will find how to do it basically on top of my head you need to change the model name in system built prop and add a dummy file in etc and give RW permission to it

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #1,536 of 1,830
Hi xD

OKI I Rooted my XDP-100R! xD

Very eays with KINGROOT, just 5min, very easy.....

But....

Many Popup!!!!
Pub! xD

I REMOVE this SH*** sofware! xD

SPAM everywhere!

So, Need a other Solution for Root with Clean method.... xD

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #1,537 of 1,830
If you look into my profile my previous post you will find how to do it basically on top of my head you need to change the model name in system built prop and add a dummy file in etc and give RW permission to it

Hi, xD

I don't Understand, and don't Find how do it.... xD

Thx

Note: Possible to Install Kingroot, do "Replace File", and Remove after KingRoot??? Because this Sofware has MANY Popup! xD

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #1,539 of 1,830

Is there anyone out there who can provided Step-by-Step instruction or a good link on how to Root the XDP-100R player for us new owners who want to use PowerDB and be able to access the XDP DAC Hardware.

Thanks

Andre

On Android Smartphone Root is complicated, many Version, many Type Android.... xD

For my ASUS ZENPHONE II it's a version Taiwan, different Rooting of other version...xD
Rooting diferent for Android version, dependly of many other versions Internal hardware... xD

For XDP I thing it will be more easy, juste one or Two versions I thing.... xD

I think we must just Waiting a update of PowerAmp for HD Drivers, may be later we will have Uptdate, if not, Mandatory to Root... xD

Hi xD

OKI I Rooted my XDP-100R! xD

Very eays with KINGROOT, just 5min, very easy.....

But....

Many Popup!!!!
Pub! xD

I REMOVE this SH*** sofware! xD

SPAM everywhere!

So, Need a other Solution for Root with Clean method.... xD

OK guys I just put all the explanations there, and honestly do not use king root use damex method witch is much better

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/14040#post_13348012

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #1,541 of 1,830
Well my Pioneer came in a few days ago and I let it burn in for a little bit but I could not live with the sound of this DAP.  For lack of better words, the DAP was to cold in it's presentation of the music and just sounded to digital.   I compared the XDP-100R to my Teac HA-P90SD using my LZ A4 IEMs.   Both players had the same songs and I preferred the warm analog sound of the Teac every time.  I wanted to like the XDP-100 but I just didn't like the way the Sabra DAC sounded.   I had been warned about the sound of Sabra DACs by my brother who is an audiophile and has allot of experience with the sound quality of various DAC chips.

All though the Teac has a wonky UI, I believe the sound quality after a good burn in is top shelf and I'll stick with it.   The XDP-100R has been sent back to NewEgg.

Andre 

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #1,543 of 1,830
100r is definitely not 'cold' sounding to my ears. Could be your headphones.
I listen to trance music and it definetely has the punch and kick.
Well my Pioneer came in a few days ago and I let it burn in for a little bit but I could not live with the sound of this DAP.  For lack of better words, the DAP was to cold in it's presentation of the music and just sounded to digital.   I compared the XDP-100R to my Teac HA-P90SD using my LZ A4 IEMs.   Both players had the same songs and I preferred the warm analog sound of the Teac every time.  I wanted to like the XDP-100 but I just didn't like the way the Sabra DAC sounded.   I had been warned about the sound of Sabra DACs by my brother who is an audiophile and has allot of experience with the sound quality of various DAC chips.

All though the Teac has a wonky UI, I believe the sound quality after a good burn in is top shelf and I'll stick with it.   The XDP-100R has been sent back to NewEgg.

Andre 

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #1,544 of 1,830

Thanks

Andre

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/14040#post_13348139

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #1,545 of 1,830

Andre 

1. I can understand about being warned about the sound of "Sabra" DACs. They are a cheap knock-off of the SABRE ES9018K2M DAC inside the genuine XDP-100R.
2. What does it truly mean that your brother is an "audiophile"? Does he own a large vinyl LP collection? Or does he, like most of us here, enjoy wasting...erm, spending large sums of money on needlessly high-end equipment/devices/cables?

But seriously, the Pioneer does indeed have it's flaws (as do every other DAP in existence) but the audio quality isn't one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back