Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Apr 6, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #1,561 of 1,830
So I am having a bit of an issue with my Pioneer DAP, the headphone connection does not "click" or connect very well, I have a couple of headphones that will pop out partially if I move the cable around too much. Is there a fix to this or would I probably have to send it off to pioneer to repair?

Thanks,
James

I have several headphones with larger diameter 3.5mm jacks that contact the bumper and make the connection unreliable or just plain won't fit at all.

One can either use a screwdriver to remove the bumper. or use a small adapter cable to interface those HPs.

Some commercially available USB connectors may not fit and will require a similar solution.

Not sure what that bumper is all about?

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #1,562 of 1,830
I have several headphones with larger diameter 3.5mm jacks that contact the bumper and make the connection unreliable or just plain won't fit at all.

One can either use a screwdriver to remove the bumper. or use a small adapter cable to interface those HPs.

Some commercially available USB connectors may not fit and will require a similar solution.

Not sure what that bumper is all about?

I think it's there to protect the headphone jack.....,bit pointless to my mind and it uglyfies the unit. Take it off I say and make it look like an Onkyo!

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #1,564 of 1,830
So having had this player for a couple of days, I am very very impressed with it. I find the sound quality fantastic since the update. I read a review that said the Pioneer was somewhat restrained, I couldn't disagree more. I think the review must have been done prior to the update and the Vline out setting being made available. 

Just sat listening to Kaasi - Those days and the bass is incredible. I am so pleased I took a chance on this player it really is superb. 

This is only the 3rd player i have tried out, the Fiio X1 rev 2, followed by the Sony NW35, then this. 

Admittedly when released this player RRP was £500 I believe therefore it should be superior I guess, however having managed to get it for £280 I feel I have had a great result.

I need to try and find a decent case for it now, I don't fancy spending £40 on the official one!!!

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #1,565 of 1,830
So I am having a bit of an issue with my Pioneer DAP, the headphone connection does not "click" or connect very well, I have a couple of headphones that will pop out partially if I move the cable around too much. Is there a fix to this or would I probably have to send it off to pioneer to repair?

Thanks,
James

I'm having a similar issue, but for me it is all cables. I believe it was fine at the beginning, but after about a week it got 'loose'. 
It is fine if I'm home, but for portable use the cable keeps getting pulled out. I not wrap the cable around the guard to make sure that it will not pull out - but that is very annoying.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #1,566 of 1,830
  So having had this player for a couple of days, I am very very impressed with it. I find the sound quality fantastic since the update. I read a review that said the Pioneer was somewhat restrained, I couldn't disagree more. I think the review must have been done prior to the update and the Vline out setting being made available. 

Just sat listening to Kaasi - Those days and the bass is incredible. I am so pleased I took a chance on this player it really is superb. 

This is only the 3rd player i have tried out, the Fiio X1 rev 2, followed by the Sony NW35, then this. 

Admittedly when released this player RRP was £500 I believe therefore it should be superior I guess, however having managed to get it for £280 I feel I have had a great result.

I need to try and find a decent case for it now, I don't fancy spending £40 on the official one!!!

I'm assuming this is one of the amazon uk warehouse deals?  If so what was the condition of the unit like when you got it? 

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #1,567 of 1,830

I'm assuming this is one of the amazon uk warehouse deals?  If so what was the condition of the unit like when you got it? 

Hi, that is correct, thats exactly where i got it. The condition of my unit is perfect. There is no damage to front, rear or sides  which the description said there may be, mine just had tatty out side packaging but it is the original packaging. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #1,568 of 1,830
  Hi, that is correct, thats exactly where i got it. The condition of my unit is perfect. There is no damage to front, rear or sides  which the description said there may be, mine just had tatty out side packaging but it is the original packaging. 

You were lucky - my Warehouse deal Pioneer had a faulty headphone jack. Return no problem.

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #1,569 of 1,830
I realised that the volume is quite low in this player even for iems. I have to turn it to 160. I know there is a volume limit in the EU that restricts the volume but this one was brought in Hong Kong so there shouldn't be a volume restriction. Then I discovered there is a variable line out setting that allows an increase in volume. Now the volume is quite noticeably louder. I was wondering if turning this setting on damages your iems though?

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #1,570 of 1,830
I realised that the volume is quite low in this player even for iems. I have to turn it to 160. I know there is a volume limit in the EU that restricts the volume but this one was brought in Hong Kong so there shouldn't be a volume restriction. Then I discovered there is a variable line out setting that allows an increase in volume. Now the volume is quite noticeably louder. I was wondering if turning this setting on damages your iems though?

I would say there is a chance of damaging any headphones by raising the volume too loud, it really is a case of common sense I would think. I am using the Vline out option whilst using my Shure 846 and it sounds awesome. Would i put the volume to maximum using this setting? the answer would be no as it would damage my hearing i think before damaging the IEM's. 

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #1,571 of 1,830
^^
Did you apply the "latest" Pioneer firmware update (March 2016) as well as all latest updates from Google Play, especially for the music player app? It's still odd you need to be at max vol to enjoy your IEMS. For my normal listening I rarely go past 90~95. My XDP was bought via Hong Kong as well.

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #1,572 of 1,830
Got myself a XDP on sale a week ago and I'm really frustrated because of this Album artist issue and that Pioneer refuses to address or take care of this.
I'm certainly not going to re-tag everything just for this DAP...

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #1,573 of 1,830
  Got myself a XDP on sale a week ago and I'm really frustrated because of this Album artist issue and that Pioneer refuses to address or take care of this.
I'm certainly not going to re-tag everything just for this DAP...

Me too!  I sent them another batch of issues about a month ago (I do this about once every 6 months in the hope that they'll take notice eventually...), so if anyone here is indeed annoyed by not having an Album Artist view (or the storage display bug in Settings, or not being able to get rid of the cover art from the background, or albums within artist sorting alphabetically not chronologically, no album artist grouping within genres, bluetooth seek controls not working, playlists created externally being blank, compilations albums not excluded from artist menu), then please, please contact Pioneer. The UK form is at http://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/uk/content/contact-customer-support.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #1,574 of 1,830
Just downloaded an update for the Music App It says under What is new:
"A mini player has been added so you can control the song being played in the list screen. The notification bar, lock screen and widget UI have been refreshed."

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #1,575 of 1,830
Does anyone know if the Pioneer is a Duplex Bluetooth, I was reading up on the Cayin n3 and shanling m1 and they mentioned that it receives a Bluetooth signal, so you can send Spotify streaming music from your phone to those daps? Is the pioneer capable of this? -crossing fingers-

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back