Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
May 11, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,591 of 1,830
This is probably dumb, but will make or break whether I buy this unit or not. I plan on mounting it sideways in the dash of my car. Can someone tell me if the music screen rotates when you turn the DAP sideways? I skimmed this thread and multiple pics and YouTube vids but cant get a definitive answer. Some pics I have seen, show the unit on its side but the screen remained upright. Thanks in advance

May 11, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #1,595 of 1,830
^
Thus opens up the debate again on whether a 3rd party app (as opposed to the default Pioneer Music Player app) actually utilizes the ESS audio DAC or not. To be honest I don't hear a difference between default and some of the other player apps I use but it is a curiosity still.

Jun 2, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,601 of 1,830
Amy I crazy here or is there no edit/sort button in the app drawer? I have no way of moving / sorting / organizing my apps in the app drawer. Home screen - yes. App drawer no.

Am I going to need to put on Nova launcher or something?

What am I missing here?

Jun 2, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #1,603 of 1,830
3) install android SDK (contains GOOGLE ADB driver, preferred)

needs to be rooted

And then what? For the life of me I can not find any info about this player. Surely rooting is not all you need to do. There must be come config changes. Anyone have a guide? Or even for Poweramp. Finally found all the rooting info, but not a single step by step guide for modify 3rd party apps to use the DAC.

Jun 2, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #1,605 of 1,830
EDIT: Looks like I have been able to verify that it is working. When the audio output says "active" hardware decoder under hi res, that is it. I don't think the EQ works when using the ESS tho.

And it still works after you unroot. VICTORY IS MINE!

I have rooted and set Poweramp alpha 704 to use the ESS. How do I verify this? In the setting I have hardware set for Headphones/Aux but it is the OpenSL that has the "active" tag by it. But here is the rub, my ears tell me it is not on. But it DOES sound different than when I switch the setting on the headphones to off (presumably switching to the OpenSL) And there are cetainly many settings to tweak, which may be why native player still sounds better.

But I only want to try tweaking if I know that Poweramp is piping through the DAC. Is it possible verify this? AND.....

Once the changes are made for Poweramp, can you unroot and keep the DAC access? I am having issues with the "Optimize App" at every friggin reboot when rooted. Would be great to make mods, and then unroot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back