Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jul 31, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #1,681 of 1,830
Anyone encounter this? I can't boot up and it's "trying" to charge the device?
The icon appears and shows that it's flat ( blinking with the lightning sign )

Is there a way to hard reboot/reset and force charging?

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #1,682 of 1,830

Try a new cable.

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #1,683 of 1,830

Is the dap completely dead? If so, with Android devices it will take awhile once charging to be able to boot up. You say there''s a charge icon showing (blinking w/ lightning bolt) so it must be charging from a 0% state. Also, a long press on the Power button will be required for it to boot. I mention this only because I don't know if this is your first time with the XDP.

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #1,684 of 1,830
Is the dap completely dead? If so, with Android devices it will take awhile once charging to be able to boot up. You say there''s a charge icon showing (blinking w/ lightning bolt) so it must be charging from a 0% state. Also, a long press on the Power button will be required for it to boot. I mention this only because I don't know if this is your first time with the XDP.

I've been using for more than a year. It started off with sudden shutdown, then I use the battery calibrater. After doing that, battery shutdown still occurs.
Yesterday I can't bootup, charged it for a night. Still the same. Icon = battery flat, didn't see the charging animation. Is it dead? :triportsad:

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #1,685 of 1,830
What battery calibrate? Have you tried a new cable? Cables fail often and

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #1,686 of 1,830
^
Ah, that''s better details. Are you charging from an AC outlet or via computer USB? Try the opposite of whichever. It could be cable related as Chef suggests.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #1,687 of 1,830
Changed to another cable. Tried both charging from an iPhone wall charger and also from laptop after changing to another USB cable. No go.
Not sure if there's anyway to hard reset or something. Any button pressing sequence to jump start it?

Thanks

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #1,688 of 1,830
No way to hard reset without it being charged at least a little. Only way to jump start is holding down the power button. All others require quite a bit of a charge.

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #1,689 of 1,830
Seeing these for ~$230 now, would this be a good starter DAP for a nephew who is getting into head-fi and likes Android, or would a Dragonfly with his S7 be a better choice?

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #1,690 of 1,830
Seeing these for ~$230 now, would this be a good starter DAP for a nephew who is getting into head-fi and likes Android, or would a Dragonfly with his S7 be a better choice?
In my opinion I prefer the stand alone player as it saves battery of the phone and music is not interrupted with texts and notifications or calls plus you can have more storage on the player than on the phone.

Aug 12, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #1,693 of 1,830
Hi, any updates about does third party app using ESS DAC?

I would also like to know that, as I'm using Neutron on Android based players (only this got all funcionality I need).
If still not, how does it sound anyway in comparison to Fiio X5iii?

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #1,694 of 1,830
I'm interested in one of these, but it will mainly be for use with Tidal offline. Could anyone please tell me whether the early issues regarding offline Tidal playback from the memory cards has been resolved?

Also, how's Tidal MQA and is the volume level good now it's been unlocked on Euro models?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back