Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Feb 8, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #1,473 of 2,535
I have. No wifi, blue tooth, location services. Screen is on the minimum brightness. Airplane mode. I'm not sure what else to do to save battery.
Power management is poor. Do you have battery saver on btw? Check it in the settings and try that out. Might help a bit.

Feb 12, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #1,476 of 2,535
http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/

I'm afraid all the refurbs have gone now, they did disappear quickly.

I'm sure they'll be more at some point if you don't want to pay full price.

I just wanted to share my experience anyway as there are lots of Onkyo cases and at least we know you can use the same design.

got my case in today and it's pretty dammed nice. beautiful blue leather and fits perfectly. i got the 'minerva' case for the dp-x1.

makes you wonder how pioneer has the ballz to charge what they do for their thin, fake leather case which needs a crowbar and a blowtorch to get on and off.

i made sure to get a case that has card slots, but i realized that those aren't that necessary when the case is easy to take off and put on--especially for my use pattern where i only have to add new music to the cards on a timeline of weeks, not days. but i'm glad i got the slots so i don't put undue wear and tear on the case taking in on and off.

if i have any cons, it's the buttons are covered up--i wish there had been cutouts for them but i can easily get used to it. i haven't actually used any of the side buttons except power but for saving battery with the display off i'll have to get in the habit of it.

i think the pioneer one was $55 and i paid nearly $120 for this one plus shipping and the price difference was well worth it. wish i could have gotten in on the 'blems' deal though--you made out on that.

/guy

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,477 of 2,535
got my case in today and it's pretty dammed nice. beautiful blue leather and fits perfectly. i got the 'minerva' case for the dp-x1.

makes you wonder how pioneer has the ballz to charge what they do for their thin, fake leather case which needs a crowbar and a blowtorch to get on and off.

i made sure to get a case that has card slots, but i realized that those aren't that necessary when the case is easy to take off and put on--especially for my use pattern where i only have to add new music to the cards on a timeline of weeks, not days. but i'm glad i got the slots so i don't put undue wear and tear on the case taking in on and off.

if i have any cons, it's the buttons are covered up--i wish there had been cutouts for them but i can easily get used to it. i haven't actually used any of the side buttons except power but for saving battery with the display off i'll have to get in the habit of it.

i think the pioneer one was $55 and i paid nearly $120 for this one plus shipping and the price difference was well worth it. wish i could have gotten in on the 'blems' deal though--you made out on that.

/guy

Glad you like it, yes I agree they are expensive but they are certainly well made and it'll probably be the only case I'll buy for the player.

Yes I think I was very lucky with the "blemished" case (or however you want to describe them) as I was expecting a mark or scratch on it but I couldn't find anything worth complaining about. I can see why those offers sell out so fast. I know it's not for our player but I love the retro Walkman case, the blemished version sold out in a day! lol.

Like you I was worried about the very tight fitting nature of the Pioneer case and was quite happy to pay extra if it meant removal of the player was easier.

In my case I don't mind the buttons being covered, only because it will stop dust or muck getting in there but I see what you mean :)

Feb 14, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #1,479 of 2,535
you're right--the minerva is real leather. and, to be honest, i didn't pay attention to the pu one or the more expensive model which i think might have been a 'folio' model, having a flap on the front to open up and i wasn't interested in that either.

i have the pioneer case which is pu and there's just no comparison between it and the leather minerva case if looks and quality matter so, for me, it was worth the extra money.

oh, and the biggest reason the pioneer case is nearly impossible to put on and take off is that it's very thin and flexible and adheres to the 300r like skin and you nearly need to peel it off. which you have to do if you need the cards out.

the minerva case is fitted and much stiffer and although it's just as tight fitting, it allows the unit to slide in and out with much less effort.

/guy

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #1,482 of 2,535
In an hour? That's exaggerating a bit.
Still it would be very useful. Imagine connecting the DAP by wire to an amp to listen to Deezer, Tidal and Spotify and you could remotely control it. That would be great.
Also Onkyo already has an app to control it's DAP and even Pioneer has one,albeit to control the XDP-30R

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #1,483 of 2,535
Still it would be very useful. Imagine connecting the DAP by wire to an amp to listen to Deezer, Tidal and Spotify and you could remotely control it. That would be great.
Also Onkyo already has an app to control it's DAP and even Pioneer has one,albeit to control the XDP-30R
Perhaps the battery life on the 30r is better than the 300r so then the app is more useful. As it is, we all know the struggle keeping the battery going for anything more than 8hrs with hi-res music.

Feb 15, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #1,484 of 2,535

Is it because of the operating system on those two DAP's?

I think they are a Linux based O/S's and that may make the remote control aspect easier to implement. I agree though it would be nice to have the feature on the 300R.

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #1,485 of 2,535

i've found that when connected to power and charging while using it, it heats up more than i'd like. so that's another issue to watch for in that scenario.

specifically, i had it powered off for a week and when i turned it back on it needed to update over a dozen apps. (this was before i uninstalled nearly everything not necessary for music playing). it was connected and charging while it was downloading and installing and i got an 'overheating' popup on the screen.

/guy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back