Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Feb 5, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #1,456 of 2,535
http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/

I'm afraid all the refurbs have gone now, they did disappear quickly.

I'm sure they'll be more at some point if you don't want to pay full price.

I just wanted to share my experience anyway as there are lots of Onkyo cases and at least we know you can use the same design.

well, i considered buying the italian leather case found on amazon and ebay, but ended up going with the minerva box (case?) blue one on the korean site.

did they send you a tracking number? how long did it take to arrive? i tried their status page where you plug in the order #, but nothing i will do can convince my mac to translate the korean characters.

tks, /guy

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #1,457 of 2,535
Idk about anybody else, but why does the Sort by Title instead sort by Album first instead, super annoying

Feb 6, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #1,458 of 2,535
well, i considered buying the italian leather case found on amazon and ebay, but ended up going with the minerva box (case?) blue one on the korean site.

did they send you a tracking number? how long did it take to arrive? i tried their status page where you plug in the order #, but nothing i will do can convince my mac to translate the korean characters.

tks, /guy

Hiya,

Sorry for the late reply.

They confirmed by auto-email at the point of purchase, and then one or two days later when the order was dispatched they send a confirmation of departure with the tracking number.

Got to me within a week or so.

Hope that helps, Andrew :)

Feb 6, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #1,459 of 2,535
That's right! The DAP isn't bright. I am using it with Sony MDR1A and very very happy with the sound.

Me too, I have no issues at all. Excellent sound so far.

Treated myself to a pair of the Brainwavz B400 and they came yesterday evening. Listened to some tracks (hi-res and "normal"), The sound is just brilliant.

Difficult to describe but the sound really surrounds you with these IEM's. Really impressive.

I threw some really complex pieces of rock and classical music at them and they just coped with no issue at all.

I suppose they are a little bass light, but they are new and that's being really picky. The mid range and treble is just stunning.

Haven't tried with the balanced cable yet but will do when I'm home from work.

My only gripe is the finish on them is maybe not quite what I was expecting. I opted for the black but it looks like it's been painted on with a brush, maybe it's a plastic dip of some kind. You only see it on the inside of the moulding though, the outside is perfect. Could be to do with the 3D printing process. They sound really lovely. Very pleased :)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #1,460 of 2,535
Hiya,

Sorry for the late reply.

They confirmed by auto-email at the point of purchase, and then one or two days later when the order was dispatched they send a confirmation of departure with the tracking number.

Got to me within a week or so.

Hope that helps, Andrew :)

hi andrew! just a few hours after i posted this i got a tracking number, but evidently it hasn't been scanned yet according to the translated korean page. good news about only taking a week as well.

tks much! /guy

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #1,461 of 2,535
Me too, I have no issues at all. Excellent sound so far.

Treated myself to a pair of the Brainwavz B400 and they came yesterday evening. Listened to some tracks (hi-res and "normal"), The sound is just brilliant.

Difficult to describe but the sound really surrounds you with these IEM's. Really impressive.

I threw some really complex pieces of rock and classical music at them and they just coped with no issue at all.

I suppose they are a little bass light, but they are new and that's being really picky. The mid range and treble is just stunning.

Haven't tried with the balanced cable yet but will do when I'm home from work.

My only gripe is the finish on them is maybe not quite what I was expecting. I opted for the black but it looks like it's been painted on with a brush, maybe it's a plastic dip of some kind. You only see it on the inside of the moulding though, the outside is perfect. Could be to do with the 3D printing process. They sound really lovely. Very pleased :)

I went ‘frosty’ myself, but like you, mine turned up this lunchtime and I haven’t had a chance to really listen to them yet.

Feb 7, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #1,462 of 2,535
Okay, I think I've found my "sweet spot" with the 300R: I found my way into the settings, turned on "Variable Line Out" and am using a pair of Fiio F9 Hybrids with a Balanced cable (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074KMWGMT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and a pair of Comply tips that I already had lying around and the sound is utterly amazing. Okay, it loses just a bit of the warmth, but the volume is much, MUCH increased and I no longer have to crank it up to the maximum.

I'm not sure what the difference between the "Line Out" button that's on the home screen and the "Variable Line" out toggle that's in the setting, so if someone could explain it to me as simply as possible, I'd appreciate it, but while I've said it before, I think it bears repeating that, so far, the 300R is the BEST DAC I've had so far, with fantastic sound, incredible capacity, ease of use and a system that handles my all files without a hiccup. I wish covers were a bit more affordable, but the search goes on....

Feb 7, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #1,463 of 2,535
Okay, I think I've found my "sweet spot" with the 300R: I found my way into the settings, turned on "Variable Line Out" and am using a pair of Fiio F9 Hybrids with a Balanced cable (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074KMWGMT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and a pair of Comply tips that I already had lying around and the sound is utterly amazing. Okay, it loses just a bit of the warmth, but the volume is much, MUCH increased and I no longer have to crank it up to the maximum.

I'm not sure what the difference between the "Line Out" button that's on the home screen and the "Variable Line" out toggle that's in the setting, so if someone could explain it to me as simply as possible, I'd appreciate it, but while I've said it before, I think it bears repeating that, so far, the 300R is the BEST DAC I've had so far, with fantastic sound, incredible capacity, ease of use and a system that handles my all files without a hiccup. I wish covers were a bit more affordable, but the search goes on....

Line out on the player home screen automatically switches the headphone out to max volume so that you can link to an external amp. Whereas fixed and variable line out in settings alter the max volume you can get using the volume controls.

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #1,464 of 2,535
New 300R user here and need to know a few things-
1. Has the loose jack issue been fixed or do i need to do some project to fix it?
2. My unit was purchased from ebay, location was japan. Do I have the variable line out mode? Where exactly is it supposed to be?
3. Anyone used audeze isine 10 with this device? What are your preferable EQ for the isines via the music app?
4. Which app would be best to use this device with? The app that comes with it or something else?

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #1,465 of 2,535
1. Has the loose jack issue been fixed or do i need to do some project to fix it?
2. My unit was purchased from ebay, location was japan. Do I have the variable line out mode? Where exactly is it supposed to be?
3. Anyone used audeze isine 10 with this device? What are your preferable EQ for the isines via the music app?
4. Which app would be best to use this device with? The app that comes with it or something else?

I'll answer the questions the best I can for you.

1. Has the loose jack issue been fixed or do i need to do some project to fix it? I shouldn't worry about it. I've had no issues so far, other users that may have used their 300R's longer may be able to offer some more feedback.
2. My unit was purchased from ebay, location was japan. Do I have the variable line out mode? Where exactly is it supposed to be? I have a Japan spec model too and I don't remember seeing that option. Will double check when I get home after work.
3. Anyone used audeze isine 10 with this device? What are your preferable EQ for the isines via the music app? Sorry my friend, not something I own. However my advice is simply listen to some of you favourite music with the EQ off and then make adjustments from there if you like. The only thing that wouldn't work well for me was the Club Boost. Yes it produced more bass but it muddied the sound too much for me. I own Grado 325i's, Ultimate Ears IEM's and Brainwavz B400's. All work well with this DAP in my view.
4. Which app would be best to use this device with? The app that comes with it or something else? I very happy with the app that comes with the player. Although I know that there are other users that prefer something else.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #1,466 of 2,535
1. The jack on 300R is tighter than DP-X1, but there are still cases of damage, mainly due to abuse. For example, bending, unintentional force when it is in your pocket, etc
Keep this in mind and take extra care is enough to protect it.
2. If it is from Japan, it probably don't have variable line out. This doesn't mean your device lacks this function, but it natively has the quality of European version with VLO on
So no worry if you can't find the function.
3. I don't think the 3.5mm output is enough to drive iSine earphones. I would suggest you to use a balanced cable and try the 2.5mm
no EQ
4. Stock music app is very good. You can also install the app for DP-X1/X1A. It is smoother and offers slightly different sound signature.

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #1,467 of 2,535
1)I've had no problem with the jacks
2)personally, I don't like the stock app, but you can download a different one I use Neutron (downloaded a few). I think it sounds better than the built-in app.
3)I have the iSine20, sounds good without equalization to me (but some on Head-Fi have recommended some).

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #1,469 of 2,535
Everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back