Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jan 22, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #481 of 2,535
  Can you please check if Tidal uses the Sabre DACs

Sorry, I can't, I don't have a Tidal subscription, but since Tidal is in the list of Useful Apps which comes with the XDP pre-installed out of the factory you might expect it does so.

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #482 of 2,535
  Sorry, I can't, I don't have a Tidal subscription, but since Tidal is in the list of Useful Apps which comes with the XDP pre-installed out of the factory you might expect it does so.

1 month is free

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #485 of 2,535
  USB Audio Player Pro plays through Android for sure, just checked; even if the flac file is 192kHz it is outputting 96kHz max according to the readings in UAPP.
I doubt it uses the Sabre DAC's than.
Only if you attach an external DAC UAPP bypasses Android. 

Yes you are right, my search for a music app for this player continues. :)

I think I will do some very intensive listening tests between UAPP, the included music app and also Tidal Hifi to see if I can actually notice a difference.

Hiby is not usable because of the drop outs I have, I don't really get on with PowerAMP.

Neutron Music Player? Maybe I've never tried it.

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #486 of 2,535
Bewarned for PowerAMP. It's freakin' LOUD!!!
With the stock app I had the volume turned up to 75, with PowerAMP a volume of 2 was more than sufficient.
The Onkyo player sounds crap BTW. I get some light crackling through the music.

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #487 of 2,535
Amazon jp shipped it to the wrong province in Canada....amazon is really slow at talking to DHL too

Sigh

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #489 of 2,535
  Bewarned for PowerAMP. It's freakin' LOUD!!!
With the stock app I had the volume turned up to 75, with PowerAMP a volume of 2 was more than sufficient.
The Onkyo player sounds crap BTW. I get some light crackling through the music.

Did you install the version as available in the play store, and does it play bitperfect?
I tried Hiby and UAPP but both route the music through Android.

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #491 of 2,535
Did you install the version as available in the play store, and does it play bitperfect?
I tried Hiby and UAPP but both route the music through Android.
Yes, just the version from the Play Store. Actually I only tested it for a couple songs and uninstalled it afterwards, so I didn't pay attention to if it was bit perfect or not. It sounded quite good so my impression was that it was processed by the ESS DAC. The Onkyo app I tried sounded way worse.

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #492 of 2,535
Yes, just the version from the Play Store. Actually I only tested it for a couple songs and uninstalled it afterwards, so I didn't pay attention to if it was bit perfect or not. It sounded quite good so my impression was that it was processed by the ESS DAC. The Onkyo app I tried sounded way worse.

OK, installed it myself as well, does say what the source file is, but not what the output is.
Looks like there is a PowerAmp V3 coming up which does do bitperfect.

You did warn us that it was loud but it scared the **** out of me nevertheless, didn't turn back the volume knob enough after all.....
Tried to do a A/B with the stock player but that was difficult because my ears are probably not good enough anyway to tell the difference and due to the volumes not matching.
For me the most important is that the music comes out as close to the original file as possible, as meant by the artist/producer.

Did you receive your case already btw? 
My farther in law is making a template for a leather case, don't want to rush him but I am eagerly waiting the result

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #493 of 2,535
I will be receiving my first IEM with balanced cables in March, but am looking into a neutral/slight warm sounding closed back over ear which has the possibility to go balanced, so each cup having its own detachable connector.
Budget around € 300,00
Anyone tips on this?

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #494 of 2,535
  I will be receiving my first IEM with balanced cables in March, but am looking into a neutral/slight warm sounding closed back over ear which has the possibility to go balanced, so each cup having its own detachable connector.
Budget around € 300,00
Anyone tips on this?

I am currently awaiting a modified Fostex T*0RP MK3 that will be connectable via balanced 2.5mm. I'll let you know how that goes--if it goes well, you should be able to open up your selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back