Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jan 22, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #466 of 2,535
Coming from the Benjie S5 all I can is say is WOW. Really love how polished the android UI/UX is. Are you guys sticking to the default player?

Need to get a tempered glass protector for this bad boy.

No I don't like the sample rate conversion the default player performs.

I tried HibyMusic, which is very good and has great sound quality but I get short drop-outs every minute or so (Does anybody else get these?)

Then I settled back on my favourite android music player, which I've been using for years, USB Audio Player Pro, which works very well and sounds great.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #467 of 2,535

I tried HibyMusic, which is very good and has great sound quality but I get short drop-outs every minute or so (Does anybody else get these?)

Then I settled back on my favourite android music player, which I've been using for years, USB Audio Player Pro, which works very well and sounds great.

I get droupouts too but I am guessing that's because the Read Speed from the SD card/internal storage is not fast enough

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #469 of 2,535
Can anybody help me - I'm considering one of these for use with my ACS T1 iems , but I also have some Sony MDR1000X bluetooth headphones - will there be any improvement using these compared to my smartphone or is bluetooth Aptx streaming sound quality identical in all devices and headphone dependent?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #470 of 2,535
Can anybody help me - I'm considering one of these for use with my ACS T1 iems , but I also have some Sony MDR1000X bluetooth headphones - will there be any improvement using these compared to my smartphone or is bluetooth Aptx streaming sound quality identical in all devices and headphone dependent?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

It'll probably be same because your headphones are using the built in DAC.

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #471 of 2,535

I thought the Pioneer Music app didn't do that 
confused.gif

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #473 of 2,535
  Not according my playback screen, for me it says FLAC 44.1Khz - PCM 48Khz, so I'm assuming its converting. Perhaps there is a setting I've missed. 
confused.gif

It's always on even when the Upsampling mode is set to off

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #474 of 2,535
  It's always on even when the Upsampling mode is set to off

Why do you say that? 

We did measurements on the original DP-X1 and its stock player was behaving correctly. I would imagine, the Pioneer being basically the same product, it would be the same here.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #475 of 2,535
  Why do you say that? 

We did measurements on the original DP-X1 and its stock player was behaving correctly. I would imagine, the Pioneer being basically the same product, it would be the same here.

Because it says FLAC 44.1Khz - PCM 48Khz even when Upsampling is off. I haven't done measurements so idk if the PCM 48Khz part is just for show.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #476 of 2,535
Can anyone say something about Pioneer/Onkyo support? I'm tempted to replace my Fiio X7 with this one and seeing how fast Fiio is to bring software improvements I would like to know what are the chances of Pioneer ever updating this device to higher OS version and most importantly adding USB DAC functionality

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #477 of 2,535
  Can anyone say something about Pioneer/Onkyo support? I'm tempted to replace my Fiio X7 with this one and seeing how fast Fiio is to bring software improvements I would like to know what are the chances of Pioneer ever updating this device to higher OS version and most importantly adding USB DAC functionality

Android OS version updates - I would say slim chance to none.
Android patches are quite frequent, there was one quite recently (When I first powered mine up it had a system update)
USB DAC function - This already works, I've tried a Dragonfly and a Mojo.

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #478 of 2,535

Android OS version updates - I would say slim chance to none.
Android patches are quite frequent, there was one quite recently (When I first powered mine up it had a system update)
USB DAC function - This already works, I've tried a Dragonfly and a Mojo.

Not pluging DAC into Pioneer, pluging Pioneer into PC/Mac so it will operate as DAC

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #479 of 2,535

USB Audio Player Pro plays through Android for sure, just checked; even if the flac file is 192kHz it is outputting 96kHz max according to the readings in UAPP.
I doubt it uses the Sabre DAC's than.
Only if you attach an external DAC UAPP bypasses Android. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #480 of 2,535
  USB Audio Player Pro plays through Android for sure, just checked; even if the flac file is 192kHz it is outputting 96kHz max according to the readings in UAPP.
I doubt it uses the Sabre DAC's than.
Only if you attach an external DAC UAPP bypasses Android. 

Can you please check if Tidal uses the Sabre DACs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back