Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Dec 27, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #212 of 2,535
The pioneer wont take a usb input touse as a dac.. its a playback machine only

Also ive had mine ( xdp300r for about 5 weeks now and the headphone jack is becoming less sid and not holding onto the 3.5mm plug anywhere near as securely as it did.
So loiks like it may be going back to Harrow Audio

Dec 27, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #214 of 2,535
  I purchased one of these from Amazon and have had it for a few days. I had purchased the DPX1 as well, but the unit had very loose jacks. These are very similar, but not as far as identical. Some different overlays are present.

But I a having the strangest issue on the XPD-300r. After being on for about 30 minutes of inactivity the unit will think the microSD cards are unmounted! Cards no longer showing up. Unplugging and plugging them both in fixes it, but I'm so surprised to see this issue. 

Also ive had mine ( xdp300r for about 5 weeks now and the headphone jack is becoming less sid and not holding onto the 3.5mm plug anywhere near as securely as it did.
So loiks like it may be going back to Harrow Audio

Hmmm, I was seriously considering this dap for (early) next year, because it has dual Micro SD slots and can play native DSD.
But posts like these really worry me 
blink.gif

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #215 of 2,535

I purchased one of these from Amazon and have had it for a few days. I had purchased the DPX1 as well, but the unit had very loose jacks.

These are very similar, but not as far as identical. Some different overlays are present.

But I a having the strangest issue on the XPD-300r. After being on for about 30 minutes of inactivity the unit will think the microSD cards are unmounted! Cards no longer showing up. Unplugging and plugging them both in fixes it, but I'm so surprised to see this issue. 

Have you try different SD cards? Mine doesn't have such problem. Otherwise you might want it to be checked

Yup, seems like it's a microsd card issue. I have two 128gb cards from my X5 that I popped straight into the DP-x1 and then the XDP 300r. Narrowed it down to one card issue with the XDP. Transferred it to the DP-X1 and same issue happened. Haven't had time to further investigate.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #216 of 2,535
I received my XDP 300R from Amazon Japan today.  Two days in transit from Nagoya via DHL To Arizona and $361 including shipment.  There cannot be a better deal than that.  There was a 5000 yen discount involved and I haven't the slightest idea why but of course I did not question it.

So far I'm VERY impressed.  Now I have to consider some new ear gear to go with it.  My best right now is Shure SE535's with custom molded ear sleeves.  I'm intolerant of anything stuck in my ear unless it's molded to my personal curves and crannies.

I'm lusting for the Campfire Vega but squirming a bit over the price.

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #220 of 2,535
Hi

I think there are to settings tools - one pioneer and the other google.  I think it is in the google one.  You need to turn it on and restart the machine.  Its much better when this is turned on as you can control the volume upto the max (which the fixed line is).

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #221 of 2,535
Who did you order the case from?

I ordered mine off ebay for a ridiculous price of $50.

Hi

I think there are to settings tools - one pioneer and the other google. I think it is in the google one. You need to turn it on and restart the machine. Its much better when this is turned on as you can control the volume upto the max (which the fixed line is).

where is this setting at regarding the volume?

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #223 of 2,535
the gripping issue is only really an issue with one set of phones.. so i suspect its more to do with the design of the plug.. my other phones all hold on as excpected..

yes the 3.5mm socket is not as secure as it originally was..the socket gap is only marginally larger than the socket , so theres not much movement, and it may not cause an issue..

worringly i tried a balanced cable ( cheap trrs) and the 2.5mm  socket had play in it from the off..

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #224 of 2,535
the pioneer xdp 100r case fits  the 300r like a glove.

yes there is a little extra depth as the 300 doesnt have the bottom bumper, but its easily curable with a small piece of foam or rubber strip attached to the inside of the case at the bottom lug

the main thing is it fits very snugly and all the buttons are correctly exposed for access.

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #225 of 2,535
  I received my XDP 300R from Amazon Japan today.  Two days in transit from Nagoya via DHL To Arizona and $361 including shipment.  There cannot be a better deal than that.  There was a 5000 yen discount involved and I haven't the slightest idea why but of course I did not question it.

So far I'm VERY impressed.  Now I have to consider some new ear gear to go with it.  My best right now is Shure SE535's with custom molded ear sleeves.  I'm intolerant of anything stuck in my ear unless it's molded to my personal curves and crannies.

I'm lusting for the Campfire Vega but squirming a bit over the price.

Could you PM me with exactly how you got that ordered? That's an awesome price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back