Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Nov 27, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #1,966 of 2,535
yes..but..how do you update the apps without playstore ?
Honestly I'd be careful with updating apps so long as they're functioning properly. Keep in mind we're all stuck on an old version of Android OS. So it's entirely possible an app update could be released that makes the app no longer compatible with Android 5.1.1. Something to keep in mind for sure.

Nov 29, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #1,969 of 2,535
Nov 29, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #1,971 of 2,535
I got one of these today. I stuffed a 400 GB SanDisk card in it preloaded with a ton of FLAC files. I was up and running in five minutes. I am now using the balanced output and it seems nice. My Fiio X5iii may sit a spell. Which output jack is the line out jack? I am hoping it's the 3.5mm. (I could read the manual but who ever does that?)

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #1,972 of 2,535
I got one of these today. I stuffed a 400 GB SanDisk card in it preloaded with a ton of FLAC files. I was up and running in five minutes. I am now using the balanced output and it seems nice. My Fiio X5iii may sit a spell. Which output jack is the line out jack? I am hoping it's the 3.5mm. (I could read the manual but who ever does that?)
Answer is both

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #1,974 of 2,535
Hi!

I purchased the xdp 300r to pair it with my campfire andromeda s and I am now comparing the sound quality between my devices. But I can’t hear a difference between the xdp 300r, my Samsung galaxy s7edge and my iPad mini 4. What could be the reason for that? Are my ears simply not sensible enough?
Hi, I think that the power of sound could have fooled you. In case you have two sources of sound at the same volume, you often can't hear any difference in sound quality. But there is no way that the equipment you have can compete with the xdp-300r. I have lg v30 myself, which is the best-sounding smartphone on the market, and with Poweramp installed on it and after eq corrections, it still sounds worse than Pioneer. I mean, is very very close, but when u listen more carefully, there is noticeable difference in imaging, staging and amount of air expetially in mids. And that is form SE. From balanced in ACG mode, lg doesnt come even close. And I've made many many comparisons between these two and pioneer always won.

Dec 4, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #1,975 of 2,535
Hi, I think that the power of sound could have fooled you. In case you have two sources of sound at the same volume, you often can't hear any difference in sound quality. But there is no way that the equipment you have can compete with the xdp-300r. I have lg v30 myself, which is the best-sounding smartphone on the market, and with Poweramp installed on it and after eq corrections, it still sounds worse than Pioneer. I mean, is very very close, but when u listen more carefully, there is noticeable difference in imaging, staging and amount of air expetially in mids. And that is form SE. From balanced in ACG mode, lg doesnt come even close. And I've made many many comparisons between these two and pioneer always won.

+1 I have the V30 and 300R too. The difference between the two isn't something that reaches out and grabs you by the throat, it's more subtle than that. Over longer listening sessions its like the 300R pulls me in to the music more, if you know what I mean.

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #1,976 of 2,535
+1 I have the V30 and 300R too. The difference between the two isn't something that reaches out and grabs you by the throat, it's more subtle than that. Over longer listening sessions its like the 300R pulls me in to the music more, if you know what I mean.
I think I get u. I wrote that they are very close (only with Poweramp installed on LG and proper eq). I dont need longer listening sessions, it takes about 5 min to switch to pioneer again. V30 sounds really good but in comparison to 300r is somewhat boring. I thing its because its lacking in 3D imaging and there is not enough air in mids. Its more "correct tuning" with good bass extension, nice mids and clear and crisp hights. The soundstage is quite big too. But in Pioneer u get something more and i think its about staging and imaging capabilities which are exceptional for a portable device below 1000 dol. I didnt even get such well structured and disciplined sound stage on my fathers old stationary equipment which was worth over 2000 dol couple years ago.

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #1,977 of 2,535

I indeed compared those devices at the same volume. Otherwise an objective comparision wasn‘t possible I thought.
So how would you recommend me to compare the devices and in which cases can I hear the benefits.

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #1,978 of 2,535
I indeed compared those devices at the same volume. Otherwise an objective comparision wasn‘t possible I thought.
So how would you recommend me to compare the devices and in which cases can I hear the benefits.
Hi, I didnt mean u made a mistake during the comparison. I was just suggesting that sometimes, when the power of the volume is the same, is hard to pick differences at the first audition. Maybe these iems are magical (havent tried them yet) or maybe u just dont hear any difference. In this case u are free to sell the pioneer and save some money. In my case I wouldnt sell my 300r, keeping just V30 because for me the differences are audible. Thats all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back