Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Sep 13, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #1,861 of 2,535
Hi, I have the same question, as I always assumed that the 300R didn't have a resume function, but I didn't really mind it. Unfortunately, I don't understand the answer. How do you exit using the back button, and what is "Exit entry in the slide out menu"?

Sorry to be so dim....

The default music player supports resume, this is regarding the usb audio player app, and what they mean is that you keep pressing the "back" button in the player until the exit prompt pops up. If you do this before shutting down the player, the next time you start up the UAPP it will resume where you left off.

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #1,862 of 2,535
The back button is device dependent, it can be a back arrow button or a soft button on the screen.

The "slide out menu" is shown by pressing the three horizontal bars at the top right of the UAPP screen, when the slide out is displayed select the exit option.

Here is an example of the exit and back button options on my LG V30, you can see both at the bottom of this image.

Thanks, but I don't get that screen on my 300R. I was aware of the three horizontal bar thing, but while it brings up a selection of things (and I'm not smart enough to send a screen shot) "Exit" isn't one of them.

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #1,863 of 2,535
The default music player supports resume, this is regarding the usb audio player app, and what they mean is that you keep pressing the "back" button in the player until the exit prompt pops up. If you do this before shutting down the player, the next time you start up the UAPP it will resume where you left off.

Hi, thanks for this, but I've tried this and it only takes me back to, ultimately, the list of internal storage ("SD card 1, SD card 2 and USB Storage") I don't get an Exit prompt. I take it you mean the "Back" button, the triangle on the left side of the circle and square at the bottom?

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #1,864 of 2,535
Hi, thanks for this, but I've tried this and it only takes me back to, ultimately, the list of internal storage ("SD card 1, SD card 2 and USB Storage") I don't get an Exit prompt. I take it you mean the "Back" button, the triangle on the left side of the circle and square at the bottom?

As I said the resume discussion is specifically about the "usb audio player pro" app not the default player that is on the 300r.
With the default player you don't have to do anything, it will always resume where you left off.

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #1,865 of 2,535
As I said the resume discussion is specifically about the "usb audio player pro" app not the default player that is on the 300r.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.

With the default player you don't have to do anything, it will always resume where you left off.

Not when I turn the device off, it doesn't. When i reboot it, the album image is there, but often as not any attempt to get to it just takes me to the "Storage" page again.

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #1,866 of 2,535

I just tested on my 300R the exit option is there but it doesn't fit on the screen you have to scroll the list up to see it.

Sep 13, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #1,867 of 2,535
I just tested on my 300R the exit option is there but it doesn't fit on the screen you have to scroll the list up to see it.

Thanks, but I seem to have blundered - for some reason I didn't realise what UAPP stood for, and thought it was the default 300R music player. It's not, and I don't have UAPP installed which explains why I'm not getting that screen. However....if anyone knows if I can get it to resume on the Onkyo music software that's the 300Rs default, that would be great. Not essential, just nice.

Sep 13, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #1,869 of 2,535
That's strange. After powering on and opening the music player app, it always resumes where I left off the last time.

Mine does too, but the included "Music" app only resumes to the track, not the position in the track as it is with USB Audio Player Pro. @AdamQK USB Audio Player Pro is well worth the purchase price and works very will with the 300R.

Sep 13, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #1,870 of 2,535
Mine does too, but the included "Music" app only resumes to the track, not the position in the track as it is with USB Audio Player Pro. @AdamQK USB Audio Player Pro is well worth the purchase price and works very will with the 300R.
It does continue from position it just does not show it initially after starting the app. Once you hit play, it will jump to last postition :wink:

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #1,874 of 2,535
Its been a good couple of months but its time to say goodbye have already switched to wm1a good luck y'all!

Oct 4, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #1,875 of 2,535
Does anyone know if poweramp or neutron players bypass androids dac sampling on xdp300? Definitely not a fan of the stock music app UI. Sounds decent. I’m just used to the more user friendly poweramp.

Can't answer your question about the use of the DAC with Poweramp. All I can say is that I use both the stock player and Poweramp and they both sound equally impressive to me on a pair of Shure SRH1540s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back