Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Sep 7, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #1,847 of 2,535
yTV5LV9.jpg

hK5LmEx.jpg

Using it with IMR Acoustics R1

Attachments

• 17803919-5463-45B4-AD82-084C97C4F3FC.jpeg
    17803919-5463-45B4-AD82-084C97C4F3FC.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #1,848 of 2,535
Not sure if this possible but is there an android widget that will show me track information on the lock screen?

Sometimes it would be nice to just press the power key and see what track is playing rather than having to unlock it everytime.

If not, no big deal I was just wondering :)

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #1,849 of 2,535
w02e3ewajel11.jpg

I'm dumbfounded everytime i play with the settings on the 300r. But even more so with this! Changing the lock range introduced such a big change to the over all enjoyability especially with this set up, 300r+zeus xiv (on low 1) i may not have to sell my r6 for the qp1r now lol. Idk why but theres no more hiss when i changed the lock range, before going past low 2 was never an option with me due to the hissing problem now its gone (?)

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #1,850 of 2,535
I'm dumbfounded everytime i play with the settings on the 300r. But even more so with this! Changing the lock range introduced such a big change to the over all enjoyability especially with this set up, 300r+zeus xiv (on low 1) i may not have to sell my r6 for the qp1r now lol. Idk why but theres no more hiss when i changed the lock range, before going past low 2 was never an option with me due to the hissing problem now its gone (?)

I have no idea, but it confuses me too, so I left it alone. :) I will have a play with it later.

BTW "on Low 1" do you mean one step from the LHS. so wide+1?

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #1,851 of 2,535
I have no idea, but it confuses me too, so I left it alone. :) I will have a play with it later.

BTW "on Low 1" do you mean one step from the LHS. so wide+1?

I just found out that the lock range regulates the amoun of jitter introduced to your files so basically reducing the range to normal or even narrow reduces the jitters and makes the song sound much more refined ang clean. And by low 1 i meant the gain setting :). Oh BTW what do you mean by LHS?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #1,852 of 2,535
I just found out that the lock range regulates the amoun of jitter introduced to your files so basically reducing the range to normal or even narrow reduces the jitters and makes the song sound much more refined ang clean. And by low 1 i meant the gain setting :). Oh BTW what do you mean by LHS?

LHS = Left Hand Side. The manual is basically useless on this "feature" so if the effect is minimal and we have no idea what to listen out for it becomes very subjective. If it is a kind of jitter filter why have a setting for the user to adjust it at all, surely it would be better to pick the best setting that removed jitter automatically in the firmware, unless I'm missing something? I'm probably the wrong person to be commenting to be honest. :wink:

Also I think these settings only work in the built-in music app and I usually use USB Audio Player Pro.

Lock Range Adjust You can improve sound quality by adjusting the lock range of the audio input signal's jitter (modulation). The lock range can be adjusted from the more precise Narrow up to Wide in seven steps. 0 If you change the lock range and the sound is interrupted, adjust to the Normal or Wide ends.

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #1,853 of 2,535
Not really sure if im right about my understanding, since im just going off from something i read at the dp-x1 thread. I also read the manual but understood very little. Just correlating with what i experienced with my zeus since its one hell of a sensitive iem.

T.R.A.N.C.E was the guy i got the idea from hehe. Heres the link: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/onk...btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5.780642/page-116

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #1,855 of 2,535
It's not really a 300r related question but seeing how many of you use UAPP, here it goes:

Is it just me not finding an option hidden in the app's menu, or does it really not have a 'resume' feature?
Every time I power up my player the app seem to reset...really annoying.

Would appreciate some help with this as this is the main reason keeping me from using it over the default player.

Thanks

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #1,856 of 2,535
It's not really a 300r related question but seeing how many of you use UAPP, here it goes:

Is it just me not finding an option hidden in the app's menu, or does it really not have a 'resume' feature?
Every time I power up my player the app seem to reset...really annoying.

Would appreciate some help with this as this is the main reason keeping me from using it over the default player.

Thanks

UAPP remembers the current song and position when you exit using the back button or Exit entry in the slide-out menu

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #1,859 of 2,535
It already does, as long as you exit before powering off, I would suggest you always do this especially if you want the player to resume playback when its powered on again.

Hi, I have the same question, as I always assumed that the 300R didn't have a resume function, but I didn't really mind it. Unfortunately, I don't understand the answer. How do you exit using the back button, and what is "Exit entry in the slide out menu"?

Sorry to be so dim....

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #1,860 of 2,535
The back button is device dependent, it can be a back arrow button or a soft button on the screen.

The "slide out menu" is shown by pressing the three horizontal bars at the top right of the UAPP screen, when the slide out is displayed select the exit option.

Here is an example of the exit and back button options on my LG V30, you can see both at the bottom of this image.

Screenshot_2018-09-13-09-41-30.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back