Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Feb 18, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #391 of 530
AKG N20

Feb 19, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #393 of 530
its only their first attempt at earphones too. can you imagine their successors. this company is a master when it comes to audio.
as a two channel guy, i found focal somewhat uneven/unpredictable, with some of their lower cost offerings (like the cobalt speakers) being really excellent and some of their mega-buck designs underwhelming (i felt the same about b&w). in any event, the sphear is very good vale at $89

Feb 19, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #394 of 530
Go for IT01. I hesitated because of concern about build quality but Ibasso seems rather trustworthy. Absolutely no regrets!

Feb 19, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #396 of 530
Been that price for a couple months now I think, still love my pair. I use short and stubby bi flange tips that are wide bore. IDK where I got them but they are perfect

Feb 23, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #397 of 530
Hey everyone,

I’m hoping to pick the CH9T up this Sunday.

I plan to use them with the Westone Bluetooth Cable https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1261773-REG

because I want these to be my gym buds.

But I want to get some ear tips too. I skimmed thru a couple pages in this thread but idk what to go for.

Flange tips? Memory foam? Something else?

Feb 23, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #398 of 530
Hey everyone,

I’m hoping to pick the CH9T up this Sunday.

I plan to use them with the Westone Bluetooth Cable https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1261773-REG

because I want these to be my gym buds.

But I want to get some ear tips too. I skimmed thru a couple pages in this thread but idk what to go for.

Flange tips? Memory foam? Something else?

I actually prefer the stock tips. They are wide bore, comfy, and fit the giant IEM nozzle.

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #400 of 530
As I indicated previously, these IEM's have great comfort and fit... Isolation is great indoors.

But I found the isolation to be very weak while riding in public transit such as Buses & Subway. If you get the right fit, they might be okay for gym work. I tried several different type of silicone, comply and other tips and nothing could overcome the outdoor isolation issues.

The big failure for me was that they are very susceptible to wind noise while walking in even a light 5-10 mph breeze. There's a low end rumble noise generated from the wind going across them.

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #401 of 530
Danget. Now I’m considering the iBasso IT01s too.

Updated comparison, anyone?

Feb 24, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #402 of 530
As I indicated previously, these IEM's have great comfort and fit... Isolation is great indoors.

But I found the isolation to be very weak while riding in public transit such as Buses & Subway. If you get the right fit, they might be okay for gym work. I tried several different type of silicone, comply and other tips and nothing could overcome the outdoor isolation issues.

The big failure for me was that they are very susceptible to wind noise while walking in even a light 5-10 mph breeze. There's a low end rumble noise generated from the wind going across them.
what kind of earphones would be good for buses and subways?

Feb 24, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #404 of 530
what kind of earphones would be good for buses and subways?

Buses and subways don't have ears.

J/k :)

I assume you want something with isolation in both directions, correct (i.e. sound doesn't leak IN from your surroundings, and doesn't leak OUT to those around you)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back