Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Mar 7, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #407 of 530
I had CH5T for a while, would recommend getting CH9T. Brighter and less refined highs, less precise bass, so while the driver is the same, sound signature is not as good.

I was wondering if it was worth upgrading to CH9T. I really like the CH5T, which I bought because it was cheaper at $35. I just assumed that the CH9T would sound the same since it has the same drivers. I might have to reconsider if there is a significant difference in sound.

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #408 of 530
I was wondering if it was worth upgrading to CH9T. I really like the CH5T, which I bought because it was cheaper at $35. I just assumed that the CH9T would sound the same since it has the same drivers. I might have to reconsider if there is a significant difference in sound.

Based on previous impressions of people who have heard both, as well as the official FR range specs, I was under the impression that the ch5t does not share the exact same driver as the ch9t. Similar, yes. Identical, no.

I don’t think it’s ever been definitively proven one way or another (yet).

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #409 of 530
I wish I knew where these tips came from. They really are the best so far. Just got done with a tip rolling session. You need wide bore and nozzle for these things if you want the best. Never selling the CH9T. I do have the Tennmak Whirlwind Turbo pack coming in Friday so I'll see how they do.

20180308_001724.jpg

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #410 of 530
Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #411 of 530
I came across some that looked like that a few days ago whilst on a quest for new tips myself, just gone back through my history and it was these:
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-ie-black-lamella-eartips-large-5-pairs-525740.html

Totally agree about these IEM's being keepers, will never sell mine either.
Thanks. I found them!

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/access...qgegZnQERaDSy90m_I2qOQjWx5V0wdjxoCqwcQAvD_BwE

I actually think I remember previously using the tips on my MusicMaker TK12 a few years ago.

Mar 8, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #412 of 530
I wish I knew where these tips came from. They really are the best so far. Just got done with a tip rolling session. You need wide bore and nozzle for these things if you want the best. Never selling the CH9T. I do have the Tennmak Whirlwind Turbo pack coming in Friday so I'll see how they do.

Those also look like the KZ HDS2 tips...

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #413 of 530
Those also look like the KZ HDS2 tips...
Pretty sure they are Chinese knock offs of the Senn tips above. Those KZ tips look like the Yamaha EPH-100 tips. Way taller

Mar 8, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #414 of 530
Pretty sure they are Chinese knock offs of the Senn tips above. Those KZ tips look like the Yamaha EPH-100 tips. Way taller

Yeah, I got out the HDS2 and compared to the photos. You're right about them being taller (even though other than the height they are the same).

Since I don't have any of the Sennheiser double flange tips to try, I used the HDS2 tips and they fit fine. The extra height allows for a nice deep fit - similar to triple flange without having the small 3rd tip.

BTW, the Tennmak Whirlwind Turbos work great, and is what I use. They have to be finagled onto the large nozzle, but once on they work great.

The thing I found with tip rolling on the CH9T is to make sure not to cover the (ridiculously microscopic) vent hole at the base of the nozzle. A lot of tips will push down far enough that they cover that hole.

On an unrelated note, when I don't use the CH9T for a few weeks, it can sound a bit dark and veiled when I 1st put it on. I know it's classic brain burn-in, but it's been bothering me lately. I've been EQ boosting the upper treble region to compensate (which makes the CH9T sound even better than it already does). The end result reminds me of an EMI CI-880 shredded on sub bass steroids. I've liked the tweaked sound so much I've kept it like that :)

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #416 of 530
where are you guys buying the ch9t? i also japanese domestic import definitely sounds like a must to me
Amazon US. $80 now.

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #417 of 530
Got the Tennmak Whirlwind Turbo pack. Using the Grey with Red Core. Same height and width as the biflange I posted as well as same core opening size and same amount distance from nozzle tip to core tip (which is short). They sound pretty much alike. The Whirlwinds I think fit just a tad better and feel a tad more comfortable. Digging them.

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #418 of 530
where are you guys buying the ch9t? i also japanese domestic import definitely sounds like a must to me

I got mine from Amazon for $59usd shipped.

Don't know if the japenese import one is any different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back