Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Dec 29, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #376 of 530
Oh, I agree completely. I was just saying that IT01 has more of it, similar to CM5.
After that CM5 the IT01 does interest me bc the Graphene bass is delicious. But with my other gear I have no reason to spend $100 on new IEMs right now

Jan 5, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #378 of 530
Receive my ADV S2000 and I can say I prefer the CH9T better. The CH9T has a much airier presentation. Has better extention on both ends. The S2000 is more mid centric thats for sure. Wish it was a little bit more V shaped.
Exactly what I hear

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #379 of 530
Jan 18, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #380 of 530
Jan 18, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #381 of 530
Not sure what that price was Open Box but shows 99.99 Pounds and Out of Stock which converts to $138. Crazy price. I mean they are good but IDK if I'd pay that price. $80 on Amazon in the US is a fantastic deal. Got a $30 balanced cable from Amazon on them and I will never sell them.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #382 of 530
Jan 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #383 of 530
Not sure what that price was Open Box but shows 99.99 Pounds and Out of Stock which converts to $138. Crazy price. I mean they are good but IDK if I'd pay that price. $80 on Amazon in the US is a fantastic deal. Got a $30 balanced cable from Amazon on them and I will never sell them.

That's a terrible price. It's a lot cheaper on the spanish site (headphoniaks?). IT01 opened was at 50pounds on AMP3...
But thanks for the heads up on sales anyways :)

FYI, the open box one is gone, and now it's showing the normal £99 price.

When @ivo001 posted the open box deal, the open box one was like £52 or £56 if I remember correctly. And that was before applying the AMP312 coupon code, which reduced it even further.

So yeah, it WAS a great price - whoever scooped it up got lucky!

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #384 of 530
I've had mine for a few weeks now and I've had a chance to break them in... I typically wear medium comply foam tips, but with these Pioneer's I needed smalls. Overall, I like them & their comfort rivals my Westone UM2. I'm not sure that I could sleep with them due to the fact that the IEM's body sticks out and isn't flush with my ears.

My listening preferences are towards acoustic guitar and jazz. They are awesome around the house and in office type environments.

If I have any complaints it's regarding what I call outdoors "soundstage" & a tendency to be vulnerable to "wind noise".

FWIW -- I play my music from my LG V-20 and wear my IEM's primarily during a daily 6 mile walk outdoors. There's an openness to the "soundstage" that causes lower volume notes to get lost. It forces you to crank up the volume to hear lower volume guitar notes.

Due to the fact that they protrude out from my ears, they also seem to be very prone to "wind noise". During todays walk, there was a 10-15mph headwind. It was just enough to cause a sensation of a low end rumble from the wind noise.

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #385 of 530
Hello all, still waiting for time to pass and ask for full refund from NiceHCK, because I've not received my A4s since 20th Dec...

On the other hand (and what really matters here), due to this, I "have been forced" somehow to continue using CH9Ts as my all-day iems (120+ hours now) and, don't know if my ears are now more used to them, or they have really burned-in someway, but I feel that everything has improved (clearly perceptible to me) a bit. I swear I can hear difference and all is a bit better. Soundstage, definition, signature is... Don't know how to say it, but my feeling is as the sound signature is now on version 1.1, more mature? Rounder? Don't know. Is the same sound, but a bit better. I've lost the little "messie" feeling I had, when listening to dense songs at high volumes (Rock/metal mainly, with other genres didn't remember to have that feeling). Cimbals are now more clear and defined at lower volumes too.

I continue thinking that a "bit" of a good eq, helps to make them shine to 100% but I absolutely love their sound "naked" too.
I've tested them with Sony SBH50 (bluetooth Radio/AMP) and GGMM A1 (USB cheap AMP) and a couple of cables and nothing bad nor good can be said roughly. Silver plated cable turns them quiet noticeably brighter, and sound is pretty nice, but I like more stock sound. I play flac 16bit 44.1khz files mainly, and use Galaxy S6 exynos internal DAC (UHQA PCM) 75% of the time plus Poweramp Alpha 3.

Wanted to share, mainly, because I think that nobody can go wrong getting a pair of these except, maybe, for very specific cases or bigger budgets, having more choices.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #386 of 530
Hello all, still waiting for time to pass and ask for full refund from NiceHCK, because I've not received my A4s since 20th Dec...

On the other hand (and what really matters here), due to this, I "have been forced" somehow to continue using CH9Ts as my all-day iems (120+ hours now) and, don't know if my ears are now more used to them, or they have really burned-in someway, but I feel that everything has improved (clearly perceptible to me) a bit. I swear I can hear difference and all is a bit better. Soundstage, definition, signature is... Don't know how to say it, but my feeling is as the sound signature is now on version 1.1, more mature? Rounder? Don't know. Is the same sound, but a bit better. I've lost the little "messie" feeling I had, when listening to dense songs at high volumes (Rock/metal mainly, with other genres didn't remember to have that feeling). Cimbals are now more clear and defined at lower volumes too.

I continue thinking that a "bit" of a good eq, helps to make them shine to 100% but I absolutely love their sound "naked" too.
I've tested them with Sony SBH50 (bluetooth Radio/AMP) and GGMM A1 (USB cheap AMP) and a couple of cables and nothing bad nor good can be said roughly. Silver plated cable turns them quiet noticeably brighter, and sound is pretty nice, but I like more stock sound. I play flac 16bit 44.1khz files mainly, and use Galaxy S6 exynos internal DAC (UHQA PCM) 75% of the time plus Poweramp Alpha 3.

Wanted to share, mainly, because I think that nobody can go wrong getting a pair of these except, maybe, for very specific cases or bigger budgets, having more choices.

Xmas causes problems. One of my order from 29th dec has just left China...
The pioneer CH9T was one of my first choices because of build quality and company reputation but decided on the IT01 from Ibasso and so far so good.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #388 of 530
is there anything from Sony or Sennheiers that competes with this pair for the price?

While its not the brand of your inquiry, please consider the iBasso IT01. Bass, mids, and highs are all on another level compared to the Pioneer. Plus a nice carrying case and an excellent MMCX cable.

Only thing the Pioneer is better at is noise isolation (using same tips on both, JVC Spiral Dots)

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #389 of 530
While its not the brand of your inquiry, please consider the iBasso IT01. Bass, mids, and highs are all on another level compared to the Pioneer. Plus a nice carrying case and an excellent MMCX cable.

Only thing the Pioneer is better at is noise isolation (using same tips on both, JVC Spiral Dots)
yeah wasn't really relevant to my question. where is Ibasso country of origin from i've never heard of this company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back