Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Dec 18, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #346 of 530
I think you may have misunderstood me. I am saying that they are worth the money, even though I prefer the A4.

While the lower mids being recessed was an issue for me, I quite liked them overall. The main reason I'm not keeping them was that they still stick out of my ears too far. The whole reason I bought them was for something that would sit flush and allow me to lay down comfortably, to complement my A4's which do not work well for this. In that regard they were not what I wanted.

In any case I have ordered some Fiio F9's to try next for this purpose, though I expect them to be a downgrade from the CH9T from an audio standpoint.

You should really check out the ADV S2000 for $25. They made a splash at the London CanJam.

Besides the sound being compared to the CH9T, B400, and $200 offerings. The fit is supposed to be ultra comfortable and suitable for sleeping.

Read this:
"I then listened to the biggest shocker of the entire show, the ADV S2000. The IEM is designed to just ergonomically melt into your ear. It is flat with a perfectly angled nozzle and body that will allow it to remain unobtrusive even whilst sleeping. It has a fixed cable and a sleek black body. It is supremely comfortable. On sound, I listened to Norah Jones – Feelin’ the Same Way. I found that snare was little thin, that vocals had a touch of sweetness for Norah, and that the soundstage was wide with good height (impressive). Then I heard the price. $20. Twenty friggin’ bucks. I thought the sound of these would compete with many $200 offerings. I think that once these come out, everybody and their dog needs to get a pair."

I have a set on the way myself, and depending on IF I can get them to fit (I have piercings that are still healing that prevent me from wearing a lot of IEMs rat the moment) I will compare them to my CH9T myself.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #347 of 530
I'm actually trading my CM5 for the S2000 and they will be here tomorrow so I will def post my thoughts in here.

Dec 18, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #348 of 530
I think you may have misunderstood me. I am saying that they are worth the money, even though I prefer the A4.

While the lower mids being recessed was an issue for me, I quite liked them overall. The main reason I'm not keeping them was that they still stick out of my ears too far. The whole reason I bought them was for something that would sit flush and allow me to lay down comfortably, to complement my A4's which do not work well for this. In that regard they were not what I wanted.

In any case I have ordered some Fiio F9's to try next for this purpose, though I expect them to be a downgrade from the CH9T from an audio standpoint.

Ok, I now understand what you meant. Hope you can really enjoy F9. They have good sound and I think that maybe can fit better your signature preferences.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #349 of 530
You should really check out the ADV S2000 for $25. They made a splash at the London CanKJam.

Besides the sound being compared to the CH9T, B400, and $200 offerings. The fit is supposed to be ultra comfortable and suitable for sleeping.

Read this:
"I then listened to the biggest shocker of the entire show, the ADV S2000. The IEM is designed to just ergonomically melt into your ear. It is flat with a perfectly angled nozzle and body that will allow it to remain unobtrusive even whilst sleeping. It has a fixed cable and a sleek black body. It is supremely comfortable. On sound, I listened to Norah Jones – Feelin’ the Same Way. I found that snare was little thin, that vocals had a touch of sweetness for Norah, and that the soundstage was wide with good height (impressive). Then I heard the price. $20. Twenty friggin’ bucks. I thought the sound of these would compete with many $200 offerings. I think that once these come out, everybody and their dog needs to get a pair."

I have a set on the way myself, and depending on IF I can get them to fit (I have piercings that are still healing that prevent me from wearing a lot of IEMs rat the moment) I will compare them to my CH9T myself.

I've read that same comment on audioprimate and have been waiting for these. Their M4 is also very recommended and is not over-ears, and is also not that expensive. In reviews they are compared to 100usd IEMs while they are at 40 nowadays. Might try them both =)
Damnit...I've got the IEM sickness

Dec 19, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #350 of 530
You should really check out the ADV S2000 for $25. They made a splash at the London CanJam.

Read this:

15$ Shipment to Spain... Wanted to give them a try because of comfort, but better I will save the money. Thanks anyway for sharing :)

Dec 19, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #351 of 530

Read this:

Uggh - Slater, you just caused me to spend even more money this year! Seriously, thanks for the tip. I was toying with the Pioneers, but the ADV 2000's were too interesting to pass up...

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #353 of 530

Read this:

15$ now on Massdrop

EDIT: 19,90$

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #355 of 530
The Pioneer SE-CH9T takes aesthetics and audio quality one step further with a sleek-looking chassis that is just as functional as it is pretty. The patent-pending two-layer brass and aluminum housing that is said to eliminate excess vibrations by absorbing them. This should result in cleaner mids and highs, while giving the low end a tight and energetic response. I like the sound of that! And while the Pioneer SE-CH9T isn’t a sports bud, the addition of patent pending Connector Shield technology leads me to believe these babies can hold their own at the gym. This technology is actually a means of stabilizing the MMCX connector on each housing while simultaneously reducing strain on the connection and limiting the the ingress of rain or other liquids that can corrode the connector – basically gym ready!

Source:http://majorhifi.com/new-pioneer-se-ch9t-pioneer-se-ch5t-k/

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #357 of 530
Mine are my gym phones. Just be careful with the stock cable, it comes untwisted at the lower half.

I use this cable. Luckily they work with pretty much any MMCX cable.
MOKOSE Replacement Upgrade Cable Silver Plated Audio Cord MMCX Connection For Shure SE846 SE535 SE425 SE315 SE215 UE900 Earphones https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073SC9NHS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_lTOoAbEE2H9ZC

I recently acquired the ADV S2000 which may replace the CH9T simply bc I favor the Pioneers and want to preserve them.

Dec 20, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #359 of 530
Dec 22, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #360 of 530
I finally ordered the ch9t's via amazon two days ago hoping I'd get them before Christmas. Now it says I'll get them on the 29th :sob:. To have something new to listen to I also ordered the mee m6 pro's that arrived today. A quick first listening session leaves me semi-impressed. They are brightish with enough rumble in the lower frequencies. I don't really get a perfect fit with any of it's or my eartips. Maybe the KZ starline would work, but I don't have any of these atm as my order has not arrived yet. Soundstage is quite good though. I'll keep them until the ch9t's arrive just to have something to compare them to, knowing it's probably not going to be a fair shootout.

I also thought about getting a pair of the ADV S2000's but looking at the frequency response chart I think they'd be too v-shaped for my liking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back