Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Mar 22, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #436 of 530
IsoPropyl Alcohol - not a very good idea to drink it, but perfect for cleaning gulk away.

C'mon - who wouldn't want to go blind?

Anyways, I was just kidding around :)

IPA.jpg

Mar 22, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #437 of 530
That would be awesome. I was 99% sure it was you that had linked them before but wasn't sure.

Sure buddy. The size you want for the CH9T is 5mm.

Keep in mind that the sound will be slightly different with stainless mesh vs the stock filter.

As shown in this example, the different types of filters do have an effect. The only question is at what frequency range and how many dBs.

nozzle_filter_comparison.jpg
nozzle_filter_comparison2.jpg

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #438 of 530
Sure buddy. The size you want for the CH9T is 5mm.

Keep in mind that the sound will be slightly different with stainless mesh vs the stock filter.

As shown in this example, the different types of filters do have an effect. The only question is at what frequency range and how many dBs.

Interesting. Now I'm second guessing removing the mesh. Don't want to ruin perfectness. Though a bit more treble could be nice. Removing the filter in general may achoeve that though

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #439 of 530
Interesting. Now I'm second guessing removing the mesh. Don't want to ruin perfectness. Though a bit more treble could be nice. Removing the filter in general may achoeve that though

Yeah, if you remove the filter and like the sound, that’s what it will sound like with the stainless mesh. The stainless mesh is basically transparent.

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #440 of 530
Yeah, if you remove the filter and like the sound, that’s what it will sound like with the stainless mesh. The stainless mesh is basically transparent.
haha and if I don't like it I'm screwed I guess.

What's the best way to remove the screen?

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #441 of 530
haha and if I don't like it I'm screwed I guess.

What's the best way to remove the screen?

Nah, you won't screw anything up. The filters have a sticky adhesive ring - you can remove and restick the filters dozens of times.

Best way to remove it is wuth a sewing needle. Just use the needle to pry up the filter from the edge. It will peel up and stick to the needle.

You can store the filters on a small scrap of wax paper. Then, when you are ready to put the filters back, just repeat the procedure (ie peel it up using a sewing needle, then transfer it from the sewing needle back to the nozzle, followed by gently pressing the filter down with your finger to get it to fully stick to the nozzle).

Make sense?

Mar 24, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #442 of 530
My CH9T becomes loose easily too now, which cable do you recommend I bought one but it fits worst than the original and becomes disconnected easily.

Thank you

Mar 25, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #443 of 530
Yeah, I got out the HDS2 and compared to the photos. You're right about them being taller (even though other than the height they are the same).
On an unrelated note, when I don't use the CH9T for a few weeks, it can sound a bit dark and veiled when I 1st put it on. I know it's classic brain burn-in, but it's been bothering me lately. I've been EQ boosting the upper treble region to compensate (which makes the CH9T sound even better than it already does). The end result reminds me of an EMI CI-880 shredded on sub bass steroids. I've liked the tweaked sound so much I've kept it like that :)
That is almost exactly how I feel about my zhiyin z5000!

Mar 25, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #444 of 530
That is almost exactly how I feel about my zhiyin z5000!
Wow Zhiyin. After the QT5 disaster I'm surprised they came out with new gear.

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #445 of 530
Just my 2cts. I'm very happy with stock cable. I've tried more (decent) cables lately and found that there're (roughly) cables that (to me sound) very balanced and others (like silver-plated ones) that sound more brilliant and less boomy (when the music needs to be boomy too. I often find myself thinking: always a bit less than what I like). No super-expensive cables tried.

After buy 4 of them and try a couple more, I'm using CH9T's stock cable with my LZ A4s because:
- It is in the (again to me) more neutral sound
- It has mic and mm button
- L-shaped (I use my IEMs mainly when I'm out of home and this shape is better for pockets)
- After try with A4's stock cable (brighter, but not much as silver-plated ones), 3 silver-plated and two more on the "neutral" side from eBay and Aliexpress, I always return to this cable

Regarding MMCX connectors, they are what they are. Not the best standard, but it is an standard. I always have a needle near, when trying cables, just in case, and the sound is no more lost due to bad cable connections.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #446 of 530
Well, notice quite a bit more grime in my mesh than I thought so I ended up removing the filters. I was a bit lazy about it so they most likely wont be able to go back on but that is fine bc honestly, I'm liking what I'm hearing. Listened for about 30 minutes last night. I wouldn't say its a huge difference but I do feel there is more clarity overall, upper mids boost might be the reason. Imaging some how seemed to actually improve as well. Could be in my head. Will do more listening tonight. Using some thick bi-flange tips.

Mar 28, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #447 of 530
Well, notice quite a bit more grime in my mesh than I thought so I ended up removing the filters. I was a bit lazy about it so they most likely wont be able to go back on but that is fine bc honestly, I'm liking what I'm hearing. Listened for about 30 minutes last night. I wouldn't say its a huge difference but I do feel there is more clarity overall, upper mids boost might be the reason. Imaging some how seemed to actually improve as well. Could be in my head. Will do more listening tonight. Using some thick bi-flange tips.

Yo Lurk, you use your CH9T while working out, right?

Since yours had so much grime build up you had to ditch the filters vs cleaning them, are you at all concerned where all of the grime will go with no filter? I assume it will eventually accumulate on the driver diaphragm.

A quick and lazy option would be to stretch a small piece of a filter material over the nozzle (like a little strip of tea bag), and reinstall the tips back onto the nozzle.

Or in case you prefer the sound of no mesh, in my experience the stainess nozzle mesh is as open as no nozzle mesh at all (as far as its coloration on sound). Since the Aliexpress sale is going on right now, you can get the stainless nozzle mesh filter for pocket change :)

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #448 of 530
Yo Lurk, you use your CH9T while working out, right?

Since yours had so much grime build up you had to ditch the filters vs cleaning them, are you at all concerned where all of the grime will go with no filter? I assume it will eventually accumulate on the driver diaphragm.

A quick and lazy option would be to stretch a small piece of a filter material over the nozzle (like a little strip of tea bag), and reinstall the tips back onto the nozzle.

Or in case you prefer the sound of no mesh, in my experience the stainess nozzle mesh is as open as no nozzle mesh at all (as far as its coloration on sound). Since the Aliexpress sale is going on right now, you can get the stainless nozzle mesh filter for pocket change :)
I actually stopped using them for gym use. My buddy gave me a pair of Bose QC35-I free so I just use those now, which is why I'm not too considered with stuff getting in there since I really only use these laying down in bed. I may end up getting the mesh screens though just for peace of mind.

May 29, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #449 of 530
Jun 1, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #450 of 530
Man, these things pair so well with my Fiio M3. IDK why. Maybe it's the Cirrus Logic DAC. True synergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back