Pioneer HDJ-2000 or Seenn HD-25 ??
Jan 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

InfernoUk

Head-Fier
Hey guys looking for some new headphones fo use with iphone and also DJing, these two seem the best ? just wondering f people have any experience with them, im leaning toward the 2000's at the moment due to build quality and looks aswell as apparently as good / better sound.

Any help ?

Thanks !

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 11
The HD25 is well recommended here. The HDJ2000 seems like an interesting headphone.

The AKG K181 DJ could work too, from my experience very easy to drive and it has switches for bass and mono/stereo...

The Koss DJ100 - ask TDockweiler - is also interesting. 

There are some more options, search for DJ headphones on Head-Fi and you will find information. Ljokerl's huge comparison thread also includes DJ headphones:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-63-portable-headphones-reviewed-db-logic-hp-100-arctic-sound-p281-added-12-24

Good luck...

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #3 of 11
thanks, read through seems the HD 25's are very good, however no one has anything bad to say about the 2000's either so seems they are on the same level, though there a little reviews on the 2000.

Quote:
The HD25 is well recommended here. The HDJ2000 seems like an interesting headphone.

The AKG K181 DJ could work too, from my experience very easy to drive and it has switches for bass and mono/stereo...

The Koss DJ100 - ask TDockweiler - is also interesting. 

There are some more options, search for DJ headphones on Head-Fi and you will find information. Ljokerl's huge comparison thread also includes DJ headphones:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-63-portable-headphones-reviewed-db-logic-hp-100-arctic-sound-p281-added-12-24

Good luck...

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #4 of 11
At the start of distribution hdj 2000 was much pricier than senn hd 25 1 so senns had a clear advantage, but now price is more equal  and its matter of preference, do you like on ear or around, stealthy look or bling. They are both balanced in terms of sound, with indestructible designs.
You should look in GMP 8.35 D too.

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/headphones_2010_summary.php

Jan 26, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #5 of 11
A little late to reply here...

I have had the HDJ-2000 for a while now and really enjoy them. I've gone through a LOT of headphones recently, but I see myself keeping the Pioneers for the long haul. They are uncharacteristically flat in response for DJ headphones (although still a bit smiley faced) and super comfortable and isolate very well. I never got a chance to compare them head to head with the HD25, but I've auditioned them in the past and they didn't impress me as much as the Pioneers.

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #6 of 11
Dont know, its a matter if preference, but when I'm mixing I need headphones that are punchy, fast, balanced but not necessarily flat. My dj collection is mostly mp3, so I don't need revealing 'phones and I do think that hd 25 1 is incredibly groovy sounding.

Jan 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #7 of 11
The Senns are definitely "punchier" and more U-shaped than the Pioneers, which in the end makes them more ideal for very loud club settings. The isolation is comparable and comes down to individual ear shape/etc.

I wonder how the Senns would fare in balanced config.

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #8 of 11
I don't have balanced amp, but would like to know the outcome. Had d2000 it was fun but senns where faster, punchier IMO better and if balanced configuration would open the sound a bit it would be a great head banging 'phone for sure.

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #9 of 11
Given the secure split headband and strong clamp, the HD25 is probably the only headphone that one could reliably headbang in
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back