Pink noise works wonders for burning-in!
Apr 24, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #361 of 382
  HAHA So you should be able to use your headphone at their full potential after over 3 months of burning them in? You can't leave the headphones on any noise for long periods of time like that, not even a day at a time really. I personally wouldn't expect any kind of sound changes over 40 hours. 

Er, yeah... I was being sarcastic. Just to be clear, I don't believe in burn-in at all.

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #363 of 382
LOL.. I thought that sounded insanely high!!! funny

May 19, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #364 of 382
hi I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile at least for now. Can pink noise damage headphones? Do you think it's really worth it? I got an audio technica ath m40x 13 days ago and I've been using them a lot so it might not need burn in anymore. what do you suggest? thanks

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #368 of 382
Great thread here. I am a believer in using sine sweeps/pink and white noise for burn in.

http://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_highdefinitionaudio.php

This link contains free high res WAV downloads, I have used them for years.

I hope this can help someone out!

As far as burn in/rest period. I don't know for a fact that it's a bad idea to run pink noise for 8 hrs straight, but if there is a slight chance I may damage my gear, I figure it's best to have a rest period as well. Better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck, and happy listening all! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #369 of 382
Long good thread. How long do I do Pink Noise On my headphones? Can I do 100-200 hrs straight?

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #370 of 382
  Long good thread. How long do I do Pink Noise On my headphones? Can I do 100-200 hrs straight?

With my full size system, I did it straight for long periods (like while I slept and was at work), but the general consensus ITT seems to be to run pink noise for 15-20 mins, then let your headphones rest a bit (for a few minutes anyway) to avoid the voice coils getting too warm.

Personally, I would not recommend running pink noise for 100+ hrs straight, but I am not an engineer. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.

Good luck!

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #371 of 382
  With my full size system, I did it straight for long periods (like while I slept and was at work), but the general consensus ITT seems to be to run pink noise for 15-20 mins, then let your headphones rest a bit (for a few minutes anyway) to avoid the voice coils getting too warm.

Personally, I would not recommend running pink noise for 100+ hrs straight, but I am not an engineer. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.

Good luck!

Thank PK What do you think of this method 4-5 hrs a day for 5 days?

http://www.jlabaudio.com/pages/audio-burn-in-download

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #372 of 382

Well, it looks like JDS recommends 4-5 mhrs at a time, and they should know what they are talking about. LOL!

If going for hours like that, I'd be cautious about turning the volume up very high, but that's just me...

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #373 of 382

A
  Well, it looks like JDS recommends 4-5 mhrs at a time, and they should know what they are talking about. LOL!

If going for hours like that, I'd be cautious about turning the volume up very high, but that's just me...

Are they not credible? Seems like what most people recommended 4-5 hrs on this thread only read 3-4 pages so far. I'm keeping it at med volume.

Dec 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #374 of 382
  A
Are they not credible? Seems like what most people recommended 4-5 hrs on this thread only read 3-4 pages so far. I'm keeping it at med volume.

They are credible, as far as I know, and to be honest, I am sure their info is 100% correct. Like I said, with my full size system, I would let it burn in for long periods (8+ hrs) and never had any issues.

As long as you are sane with the volume knob, you should be good to go.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back