Pictures of your speaker setup!
Jan 2, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #17 of 206
  JMLab Mezzo Utopia and McIntosh stack.

Mmmm, Looks damned fine there. And I know it sounds better than it looks!
Glad Ive found this thread actually.
I should be adding to it within the next few weeks or so once we've moved into our new flat.
Cant wait to get my actual HI-FI out of storage, Its funny really how the whole Head-Fi was a result of not having room for my speakers etc
and needing a temporary audiophile solution. Now Im into both hobbies lol!! My poor wife :/

Anyway, Lovely gear there HifiGuy! & Keep the great youtube vids coming, I subscribed to your channel a little while ago, I think I may have even sent you a message 
once or twice. :)

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #18 of 206
Well I can add a few pics of SOME of my gear at my parents and our old place. ( What you see is about a third of what I own ), Not in their proper homes and nothings finished yet, 
I need to get speaker stands, A Newer straight tonearm, Phono stage, one more DAC, Two more pairs of speakers, An SACD player, REEMS of cables, A few HIFI Carts and Spare Stylii. Record cleaning goodies, Clamps. 

I think I need to sit down lol.

When we move, Everything is getting setup correctly and will be better on the eyes.

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #19 of 206
These just arrived from a very generous and kind head-fi'er, Lenni.
He gave these away to me re my thread in need of cables due to being newly married, moving and skint!
Thank you dude!

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #20 of 206

Pioneer Spec 1 preamp/ Spec 2 amp, SG-9500 Equalizer, 9500 tuner, Yamaha P-520 turntable, Sony CD, Chase RLC-1 remote, laptop feeding iTunes/Pandora/Spotify via FiiO DAC, finished off with Cerwin Vega DX-7 speakers................

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #21 of 206
Well we got the keys so getting my priorities straight I've begun unpacking and organizing all my gear lol!

Still got loads to get from storage, And I still need to find and buy a hi-fi unit and some stands.

Lol then I need to make a start on the home cinema.

Don't get me started on the bedroom gear!!!

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #23 of 206
Jan 28, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #25 of 206
Hey an Arcam Alpha 7! I had one of those, great CD player.

Your setup is comming together nicely in that room it seems, you just need more furniture :wink:

*Bonus points for having your Dreamcast out too! Mine is off to the side but can be plugged in at a moments notice.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #26 of 206
Nearfield speaker rig: Laptop -> JDS Labs ODAC -> Pioneer SX-750 -> Andrew Jones designed Pioneer SP-BS22-LR

I have a nice 5.1 surround sound system as well, but this is my newest dedicated 2 channel listening area. I just put this all together this past weekend.

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #27 of 206
Hey an Arcam Alpha 7! I had one of those, great CD player.

Your setup is comming together nicely in that room it seems, you just need more furniture
wink.gif

*Bonus points for having your Dreamcast out too! Mine is off to the side but can be plugged in at a moments notice.

Thank you :) 
Yes, Definitely need some furniture lol!
We will get there eventually.

Heres a few more shots and 
some of my Technics Separates that Ive been going on about for years but with no photos, These have been in storage for 5 years and well looked after.
They're not staying on that unit as they're going in the bed room, Plus I need to get a few more bits and a Technics Amp to replace the Sansui. Its a damned good amp but I 
want to keep it all Technics.

Jan 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #28 of 206
Added a little sub.

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #29 of 206
This is my main setup ( I got rid of the door behind the chair, but it looks pretty much the same)

The speakers are Monitor Audio Silver RS6,  I also have their surrounds (RSFX), Center, and an eD Sub.

My office and bedroom have NHT SB2s. Let me know if you want to see pics of those setups.

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #30 of 206
  This is my main setup ( I got rid of the door behind the chair, but it looks pretty much the same)

The speakers are Monitor Audio Silver RS6,  I also have their surrounds (RSFX), Center, and an eD Sub.

My office and bedroom have NHT SB2s. Let me know if you want to see pics of those setups.

Love this! I believe I have seen this before over on AVForums?
How do the RS6's sound? Im considering upgrading from my BR2's later on to a set of M-A floor standers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back