Pictures of your speaker setup!
Mar 28, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #2 of 206

The chain looks like this: PC with FLAC (located in the bedroom) >> Harmony Design DA9 as DAC >> Rega Cursa3 as pre-amp >> Rega Maia3 as power-amp >> and finally speakers: Klipsch RF82

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 206

Another picture thread. I'm up for it.

EDIT: The SA8004 (for sale, buy it) is essentially being used as a USB to Coax converter for the speakers.

iMac > SA8004 > XDA-1 (Used as a DAC and Preamp atm) > UPA-1 Monos > MMGs
iMac > SA8004 > LF > LCD 2.2

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 206

They're Planar speakers (Magnepan MMG).

By the end of the year I'm hoping to demo a pair of Martin Logan ESL (Electrostats) and the Magnepan 1.7 (Bigger Planar) and pick one of those up if budget permits.

Quote:
MorbidToaster, are those electrostatic speakers? And what brand are they?

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #7 of 206
Anyone have any tips on how convince their spouse to allow for maggies in their home?  I have my eye on 20.7s

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #8 of 206

My girlfriend (going on 5 years now) actually loves my MMGs. It seems Maggies in general have a high WAF because they don't really look like speakers. The 20.7s would be a different ball game, but I think the same idea might apply.

If you've got the space for them, of course. I'm surprised you don't have a 'listening room' if you're considering 20.7s. :wink:

Quote:
Anyone have any tips on how convince their spouse to allow for maggies in their home?  I have my eye on 20.7s

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #9 of 206
How do you like the MMG's?  Trying to find replacements for my pop's old MG-1's, love their sound but hey take way too much floorspace.

Quote:

Another picture thread. I'm up for it.

EDIT: The SA8004 (for sale, buy it) is essentially being used as a USB to Coax converter for the speakers.

iMac > SA8004 > XDA-1 (Used as a DAC and Preamp atm) > UPA-1 Monos > MMGs
iMac > SA8004 > LF > LCD 2.2

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #10 of 206
How do you like the MMG's?  Trying to find replacements for my pop's old MG-1's, love their sound but hey take way too much floorspace.

Really enjoying them now that I got the image centered. Took me awhile as I always had it to the right but they sound great now they're in the proper places.

They eat up all the power I give 'em and do need t .be played a bit loud to really rock though. I think a sub to fill out the sound will make lower level listening better though.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #12 of 206

(Sorry for crappy quality phone pics)

This setup isn't as cool as the others on this thread but it still sounds damn GOOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back