Pictures of your speaker setup!
Mar 17, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #46 of 206
Starting to get there now.
Waiting on a phono stage and another partington prisma....

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #47 of 206
Cleared most of the mess away now thanks to the expedit arriving yesterday.
Everything's coming together nicely...

Mar 21, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #48 of 206
Nad Phonostage arrived so the Sansui Amp is now out ready to be stripped down, Cleaned and set up in the bedroom system.
Nad PP1, Ok its not high end but its already made a huge difference to the sound. I now have a much better bass presence and The brightness of the Sansui's built in phono stage isn't there any more. I now have a warmer vinyl sound which is what Im after anyway :)

Mar 21, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #49 of 206
What are the speakers? Do you use them often? How about the subwoofer position? How's the sound of the bass with that placement? Do you use the system for movies and do you think you'd benefit from a center channel.? Does your amp have a center channel?
One of my friends had a very similar setup with Cambridge amp, bookshelf paradigms and a sub. I found him some used AR-2a speakers from the 60s and set them up for him without the woofer and paradigms and he never went back.

Mar 21, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #50 of 206
I have two separate systems.

One Hi-Fi and One HT.

The Sub is on the home theatre.

Everything is listed in my profile :)

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #51 of 206
Oh, and now I see the speakers up in the corner too. You have nice stuff and much respect. I still don't see a center channel.
One thing though, the turn table set up should be closer to the records now that you got that shelf.

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #57 of 206
Shaffer your set up is sweet and nicely laid out. Also those speakers are huge, am I correct that you also use a subwoofer with them, and why? And do you have any Black Sabbath in that collection? If not, why?

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #58 of 206
Shaffer your set up is sweet and nicely laid out. Also those speakers are huge, am I correct that you also use a subwoofer with them, and why?

The room is completely open on one side, so I'm energizing the entire house. When the windows are closed, as in this time of year, I rarely use the sub. Other times of the year, the room becomes a bass sieve, if you will, at least in the lowest octave.

And do you have any Black Sabbath in that collection? If not, why?

I have very little Black Sabbath, because I think they're a highly unintelligent band backed by riffs a dog could play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back