Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 31, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #7,771 of 37,646
Haha, a bag? lol I'm sure you can find aluminium cases of around that size on eBay pretty easily. They usually can be found under aluminium pistol cases in the search:)

Yes, I'm pretty sure it would be recommended to remove it before passing through security, although I won't be travelling anytime this year, so it's safe to keep on the case for home use:)

No! No Aluminium! 1) they get scratched (for some of it), 2) they are heavier! I was thinking about camera bags :D

HAHAHAHA... I actually showed one of the portable rig here to my brother and he said it makes no difference with the size of a C4 bomb! That sticker actually makes sense now haha

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #7,772 of 37,646
No! No Aluminium! 1) they get scratched (for some of it), 2) they are heavier! I was thinking about camera bags
biggrin.gif

HAHAHAHA... I actually showed one of the portable rig here to my brother and he said it makes no difference with the size of a C4 bomb! That sticker actually makes sense now haha

Oh, haha, my apologies then!
I suppose these could work nicely, as a neater case-version of a bag:)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Small-Shockproof-Protective-Case-Bag-for-Gopro-HD-Hero-3-2-1-gopro-Accessories-/221303623300?pt=AU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories&hash=item3386b94e84&_uhb=1

Yeah, that's the audiophile life. Getting caught at customs on questioning about the rigs, as some have stated before. Not to mention how most of us have fancy curly cables coming off our rigs, haha.

Load up on some explosive stickers too! 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXPLOSIVE-warning-danger-vinyl-sticker-DECAL-/270633506960?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f03039890

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #7,773 of 37,646
  How do you like them? 

I think they're good, yeah, especially the low end, I feel they're very much atmosphere, vibe, timbre, (Sony house sound at it's best) orientated over absolute detail. I think if you're going to put them on and crank it up thinking hell yeah SONY EX1000 you might be slightly disappointed however, if you take them in as an audiophile they're rather special. Treble can spike a little or sounds a little tinny or offensive with certain tracks. Compared to my RDB v1 they're a little congested and don't layer as well or emit the same detail levels in the mid range. I give stage width to the RDB too.

But yeah, not to shabby at all.

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #7,774 of 37,646
This stacking serves my Beyers wonderfully and drives them both with enough authority...i love how Theorem's DAC is adding a bit warmth and giving a fuller sound compared to CLASdb.

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #7,775 of 37,646
  So, it's been a good month since I last posted here, and although my DX50 > C5 > M100 (Now with black XL Pads, new matte black face plates, and a new black cable) rig has yet to change, I've been having a "blast" with it still:)

I love those cables, where did you buy those cables? Can't seem to find silver cables anywhere. Assuming those are silver. 

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #7,776 of 37,646
  I love those cables, where did you buy those cables? Can't seem to find silver cables anywhere. Assuming those are silver. 

The pure silver cable was made by the cablemaker on eBay, who goes by Onest11. Here is his eBay account: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/onest11/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I suppose you could ask him for a special request as my friend did when he bought my cable for me. 
smily_headphones1.gif

That red and black cable was something I DIY'ed by myself for fun, with the use of some cheap copper wires from the local hardware store, and Neutrik jacks off eBay. 

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #7,778 of 37,646
  The pure silver cable was made by the cablemaker on eBay, who goes by Onest11. Here is his eBay account: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/onest11/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I suppose you could ask him for a special request as my friend did when he bought my cable for me. 
smily_headphones1.gif

That red and black cable was something I DIY'ed by myself for fun, with the use of some cheap copper wires from the local hardware store, and Neutrik jacks off eBay. 

Thanks! :) 
But I really want to make them myself. That's actually by far the most fun part! Copper is fine too, I guess I could buy some pretty copper wires from the local electronics store...

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #7,779 of 37,646
  Thanks! :) 
But I really want to make them myself. That's actually by far the most fun part! Copper is fine too, I guess I could buy some pretty copper wires from the local electronics store...

Yes, you can do that:)

It is definitely fun to make. 

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #7,785 of 37,646
Battle two IDevice dac amps as source for desktop Sst up

Source : Theorem 720 DAC plus IPod Classic 7 G 160 Gb
hi Fi M8 plus iPhone 4 s
Pre amp : T + A. P 10.2 tube pre amp
Power amp : Stax Srm 727 mk 2
Cable : Theorem use USB to mini moon audio silver dragon v1
hi Fi m8 use diy USB to Lod
Pre amp to Source use Shunyata Ztron RCA to mini
Pre Amp to Power Amp : use diy balance cable