Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #6,245 of 37,644
Yes indeed. This thing is small enough by size but surprisingly heavy. The fist time i opened the box i was thinking the same...is like gold ingot. Hahaha...but talking about the build quality..this is the thing that i should take a good care of. I dont know about the inside components...but for the case it self...is a life time warranty grade.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #6,249 of 37,644
Yes. I feel the same way too. This amp is very good driving iems. But i did try with my ath3000anv (60% volume is loud already)...and the sound is amazingly good. Very transparent and unbelivable detailed. Same thing to senn momentum. The sound is super clean. For hd800 and hd650...i can listen alright but yes..i need to have 80 to max volume to get that level and i dont think is meant to drive the 300ohm impedance. I will do some more testing using my hpp1 dac + kojo to drive hd650 and let see.

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #6,251 of 37,644
Forgive me Nicolas I misread your question, I thought you meant second hand shop/store in HK. I rarely shop online for earphones but I think you can trade and buy second hand in this forum. Sorry if I was not much of a big help to you.

Jonathan.

It's fine, I was actually asking both questions, but with mediocre grammar since I was on my phone. I thought Jaben was an online store? Where are they located? Thanks bud. Was planning to either get my nano battery replaced or get a second hand classic.

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #6,252 of 37,644
Quote:

The TU-HP01 actually a pretty awesome intro to tube amps without spending too much (They're approx $200 in Japan based on current exchange rates). It's more susceptible to vibrations in comparison to the larger tube amps. I'm actually quite surprised a low cost kit amp like this sounds the way it does. Granted it's a hybrid and I did plonk in a $40 Muses02 OpAmp in it but this tube amp is like a gem in a garage sale.

Believe it or not, I do bring it to the office or to the local cafe. Basically anywhere I can sit down for at least an hour or two, I'd bring it out. Naturally if I'm going shopping, taking the train, bus, or walking around I don't use it. It actually doesn't produce much heat at all. Even after an hour's worth of operation, I can touch the tubes. The glow is actually from LED.

listening to tube amp in a tokyo cafe... a personal Jazz kissa.

good life!

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #6,255 of 37,644
Congrats for your new MASS KOJO amp?
When is your MASS KOBO coming?
Please share your opinion about the SQ from these two MASS amps
Thank you

Mmm... KOJO probably is not from mass?

I heard them both

Kojo is better in my opinion (i like kojo soundsig very much)

More natural, very good depth, warm

Mass kobo is very analytic and detail
A bit too narrow and more expensive than kojo

Both is built veryvery well
But very heavy also

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back