Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jul 13, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #5,447 of 37,668
Quote:
OK, I admit I am an ipodaholic. Here are the 8 ipods I have collected (at one point I had 10, then I killed one and got rid of one). Currently these 8 ipods give me a total of 888 GB's.  I didn't intentionally make the 888 and it just happens to be this number. No kidding. Man I love number 8.

My rocking chair where I normally enjoy listening to my music. Too bad it's not portable.

Just got another Alo amp wallet today. The new one used better material. Also the transparent plastic cover now works great for the 7g's click wheel due to thinner, softer and more sensitive material used. I am very happy with this one.

The killer gear ,to my ears, is the one levitating thanks to Apple, Kemet, Sony and Leckerton.

Which one do you think sounds the best.  I've gone thru 4 iPod's myself.

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #5,449 of 37,668
Quote:

Haha, cheap stuff I've been collecting compared to the high end gears you guys have.

The 5g or 5.5g modded with CF and internal Kemet film caps. No doubt about that.

I love my 5.5g.  Strange and stupid story, but mine set unused for a few years as the headphone jack died.  Was going to send in to get fixed but never did as my wife gave me a new Nano for my birthday.  So after joining Head-Fi 1 1/2 years ago I found out about LOD's, and frankly they have never sounded better. I'm just glad I didn't get rid of it.  Love that Wolfson DAC. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #5,451 of 37,668
Quote:
OK, I admit I am an ipodaholic. Here are the 8 ipods I have collected (at one point I had 10, then I killed one and got rid of one). Currently these 8 ipods give me a total of 888 GB's.  I didn't intentionally make the 888 and it just happens to be this number. No kidding. Man I love number 8.

My rocking chair where I normally enjoy listening to my music. Too bad it's not portable.

Just got another Alo amp wallet today. The new one used better material. Also the transparent plastic cover now works great for the 7g's click wheel due to thinner, softer and more sensitive material used. I am very happy with this one.

The killer gear ,to my ears, is the one levitating thanks to Apple, Kemet, Sony and Leckerton.

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #5,452 of 37,668
Quote:

Call me Maybe .... (crazy) 
wink_face.gif

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #5,457 of 37,668
Quote:

can i call u the ipod man 
size]

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #5,458 of 37,668
Sorry, I am not posting a rig pic. I have a question. I am about to buy the JDS labs ODAC to go with my ipod and PA2V2. It has usb input. Do I need a 30 pin apple connector to mini usb? If so, why doesn't JDS sell such a cable? I can't even find one by googling. Anyways, I am confused and would appreciate a little help.

Thanks

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #5,460 of 37,668
Sorry, the ODAC doesn't have the apple certification to pull the digital signal from the iPods.  Only Cypher Labs, Venturecraft, Fostex, and now CEntrance have the certification.  I might have missed one...

You could use a line out dock (LOD) to get a line out signal to an amp instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back