Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #2,822 of 37,646
Quote:
Nice "Pile" there....Curious to see what the upgrade will be!

popcorn.gif

Thanks, lets just say I'm going to try and see if I can unleash the best from my CLAS with a better cable connection feeding a top tier amp. We'll see if it works out and hopefully it isn't all hype.

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #2,823 of 37,646
Quote:
Quote:
Nice "Pile" there....Curious to see what the upgrade will be!

popcorn.gif

Thanks, lets just say I'm going to try and see if I can unleash the best from my CLAS with a better cable connection feeding a top tier amp. We'll see if it works out and hopefully it isn't all hype.

On my setup, I feel the Clas is the most important factor. On my TG!334s I might as well plug straight into the ipod if the clas runs out of juice. However getting the clas back into the chain again is like night and day. I run top tier cables in and out of it, to my ears it is worh it. 

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #2,827 of 37,646
Quote:
Still be my favorite burger:
IPC160gb + HPP1 (as DAC) + RxMK3 + SM64
Sound: Yummy 
size]

<snip>

I have the SM64 too...and I was VERY interested in the Rx MKIII-B as an amp as well (wanted to also use it sometimes w/ Beyer T70 250 ohm)...  You aren't bothered by the reported high noise floor & hiss of the MKIII when using your SM64's?

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #2,828 of 37,646
I have the SM64 too...and I was VERY interested in the Rx MKIII-B as an amp as well (wanted to also use it sometimes w/ Beyer T70 250 ohm)...  You aren't bothered by the reported high noise floor & hiss of the MKIII when using your SM64's?

Mk3 with sm64 resulted no hiss for me (maybe because its higher impedance). Not like with my shure535ltd which is too much hiss. The only complain i have with this mk3 is having channel imbalance at very low volume and a VERY annoying static noise when i turn the pot whithin that range. Otherwise is a perfect dynamic amp ever.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #2,829 of 37,646
Quote:
Quote:

Mk3 with sm64 resulted no hiss for me (maybe because its higher impedance). Not like with my shure535ltd which is too much hiss. The only complain i have with this mk3 is having channel imbalance at very low volume and a VERY annoying static noise when i turn the pot whithin that range. Otherwise is a perfect dynamic amp ever.

Thank you...  I guess the MKIII is officially back on my radar as a possible addition to my portable gear.  I'm fine w/ the channel imbalance at low volumes because I rarely listen at that level (nor do I listen @ insanely high volume).  The reported sonic characteristics of the MKIII are what I tend to love, and having that extra power on reserve will give me more options in a couple months when I consider a new set of fullsize cans.  Thanks again for sharing your experience!!

Mar 16, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #2,832 of 37,646
Imho...if i go with external amp...i dont think modded ak100 would be necessarily to get...unless i use my ak100 alone as my main player. Pairing ak100 (stock) with an amp resulted tremendous power and i think would enough to rock any cans out there....especialy with an amp like alo international :)

Mar 16, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #2,835 of 37,646
Quote:
Haha, I was just gonna say...

Ours AK 100 
Quote:
You have that many AK100's? 
basshead.gif

No , they are ours AK 100 stock and DIY mod
Quote:
Imho...if i go with external amp...i dont think modded ak100 would be necessarily to get...unless i use my ak100 alone as my main player. Pairing ak100 (stock) with an amp resulted tremendous power and i think would enough to rock any cans out there....especialy with an amp like alo international
smily_headphones1.gif

You must try the mod from RWA AK 100 and DIY mod vs AK 100 stock , with or without amp the sound quality are different .the sound quality from AK 100 mod by RWA or DIY are above the AK 100 stock .this my IMO 
Quote:
No I'm sure these are Rudi's friends' AK100 also...they always have get togethers :)

You are right , these are My friends and mine AK 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back