Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #2,071 of 37,648
Quote:

That looks like a fun afternoon of listening, Rudi!

Do you ever compare your JH16's with the Miracles? What is your perspective between them?

Pair With My AK 100 and ortofon MHd Q7
Jh 16 
high : more extended but a bit Harsh 
mid : more forward than um miracle 
bass : more impact and a bit bommy 
separation : um miracle has better separation ,
soundstage : not as wide as um miracle , jh 16 like all musician play In smaller Room 
It is Good for rock music and Electronic music

um miracle 
high : smoother than jh 16 
mid : more neutral and natural than jh 16
bass : is perfect , very clean and detail .
sepatation : is very Good that i can Cell Where The instrument placement.
soundstage : Wide and is better than jh 16
it is very Good for jazz music and Audiophile music and classical music.
for Long listening i prefer um miracle than My jh 16, um miracle has non fatigue SQ 

Quote:
So how do they fare rudi? does the stacks actually match or surpass the naked tera player?

Direct iem : 
altman tera SQ is better than AK 100
sq from altman tera is excelent but for Me has limited Power .

With external amp :
like With ortofon MHd Q7 : 
I personally prefer AK 100 + ortofon MHd Q7
Altman tera is sweet but i feel laci of Power , for Audiophile music is Good , but for Fast 
And many passage i prefer The AK 100 + ortofon MHd Q7.

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #2,072 of 37,648
Rudi, are the cables for the Miracle and the JH16 compatible? Nice to buy fewer custom cables!

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #2,073 of 37,648
Quote:
Thanks for the explanation, and can you direct me a link for that dissuasion thread?
I'll try to contact with CypherLabs and see when it would be out.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/549750/cypher-labs-algorhythm-solo-discussion-and-impressions-thread
Quote:
Oh wonderful I just recceived my CLAS a couple of weeks ago. I noticed I had to up the volume knob more on my amps when using the CLAS and guessed it was the gain from the CLAS. If I had known there was another version coming out with more gain I would have waited. Will there be a free of charge fix provided for current owners by Cypher Labs to up the gain to 2?

I am sorry , cyberlabs has only 1,69 volt version

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #2,076 of 37,648
My current portable setup....but looks like I am going to add ortofon mhd-q7....
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #2,080 of 37,648
Quote:
nothing fancy, just started out recently and am saving up for some new equipment :)

I've had fairly expensive, complex portable rigs ($2000) and basic low budget rigs, but my go-to rig is always my Sansa Clip+ (40 GB of LinearPCM) and Yamaha EPH-100. To me the sound is just perfect. I enjoy buying and trying new gear and selling it on, that's part of the hobby, but I'm also pleased to have found a trusted rig that I can always rely on to enjoy listening to music.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it doesn't have to be fancy as long as you enjoy it.
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #2,081 of 37,648
Pelican PB2 again.
Over the weekend I did a bit of reading on opamp and buffer rolling
and had a play around. I cant remember right this second the models, 
But Im now enjoying a punchier low end with a cleaner and more detailed 
treble.
The stock setup is great but this setup suites my taste more.

Sat next to it is my trusty E17 which I used yesterday and still enjoy its sound stage and
flexibilty. 

So anyway - 

iPod Classic ( 160gb 7th gen ) > Mundorf Gold LOD > Pelican PB2 > Toxic Cables "Silver Poison" > Sennheiser IE8

Feb 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #2,084 of 37,648
Quote:
that is Neutron

Quote:

Which music app is this?  Looks nice.  My mobile setup is similar: amp + phone.  In my case the FiiO E11 + Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  My current headphones are not as portable though: Beyerdynamic DT770.

That's right. Also, I rooted my galaxy note 2 which I have option to bypass the channel mixer from dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back