Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #511 of 37,611
Quote:
Ooh, Windows 8. How do you like it?

It's the Microsoft Surface RT, hence not W8, but Windows RT, a dumbed down version of W8. I quite like it, it's really good for school, not taking is a pleasure. And as it has a USB port, hopefully I'll purchase a nice dac to take around and about with me.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #512 of 37,611
Actually the PA2V2 uses a standard Hammond case. Anyways, that's not a PA2V2 because those have the cool red translucent plastic front.

Actually, I remembered its a Fred_Fred2004 amp, uses the tpa6111a2 chip, at the time I remember it was a nice step up from the cmoy I was using. Must be 7 or 8 years old now.

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #513 of 37,611
I'm now allowed to post a photo.  iPod Classic 160, AlgoRhythm Solo, JH3A/16 in translucent black with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable, Black Star Amp Wallet. This photo shows an ALO mini cable
but sometimes I use the digital connection between the Solo and the JH3A.  In background - tc electronic volume control for monitors and ALO PanAm.

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #515 of 37,611
My newbie rig. Nokia N9 -> BTG interconnect -> Fiio E17 -> Cosmic Ears flex twin BA micro

I'm quite new to this hobby so please go easy on me! Quite happy with my current budget setup tho!

Home setup, crappy Acer computer as DAP ->  
Fiio E17 -> Headphone of choice

Fiio E17 securely fastened to a car phoneholder :)

Lamp used as headphone stand

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #517 of 37,611
Quote:
I'm now allowed to post a photo.  iPod Classic 160, AlgoRhythm Solo, JH3A/16 in translucent black with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable, Black Star Amp Wallet. This photo shows an ALO mini cable
but sometimes I use the digital connection between the Solo and the JH3A.  In background - tc electronic volume control for monitors and ALO PanAm.

I have the same rig, but always use a digital connection.  Amazing how well these three bundle together and are transportable.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #518 of 37,611
Quote:
My newbie rig. Nokia N9 -> BTG interconnect -> Fiio E17 -> Cosmic Ears flex twin BA micro

I'm quite new to this hobby so please go easy on me! Quite happy with my current budget setup tho!

Home setup, crappy Acer computer as DAP ->  
Fiio E17 -> Headphone of choice

Fiio E17 securely fastened to a car phoneholder :)

Lamp used as headphone stand

Great start... No worries on your gear. I'll bet it sounds nice!

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #519 of 37,611
Quote:

I have the same rig, but always use a digital connection.  Amazing how well these three bundle together and are transportable.

It takes up no more space on an airplane tray-table than an iPod alone. I just sent the amp back to JH because it was so loud at only 8 o'clock, there was virtually no way to adjust volume.
Looking forward to getting it back. 

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #520 of 37,611
So I got my cable from Headphonelounge! And it's way better than I expected, ten times more sturdy and flexible than the original TMA-1 cable (shorter too!)
Thanks Chris_Himself!

The tricky part was to get the cable to fit in the connector on the headphones, the hole was too small... so I did some ghetto modding with fire and a screwdriver and was, after like 1h, able to expand the hole to make it fit. Looks like crap though, check 2nd picture.

3 ft
Hybrid Ray cable
Neutrik straight plugs 3.5 mm
MDPC-X Black sheating

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #525 of 37,611
It's a modification to fix the bass rolloff of the d2. It looks like chewing gum because I hot glued the whole thing lol. I started a thread in the DIY section if u want to know more about the mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back