Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #497 of 37,653
My Gym rig, does get me some funny looks, mostly from people with white earbuds attached to their ears :)

The amp is something I picked up a few years back, it's a Texas Instruments chipset, not sure of the details.  Certainly brings the Atrios (MG7) I use at the gym to life! Sansaa Clip+ is rockboxed, of course, great little player.  It looks a little ghetto but sounds fantastic.

As long as it fits on the treadmill!

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #500 of 37,653
Key Word: Looks 
redface.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #502 of 37,653
Code:
Sounds like you have another winner in the collection Rudi! Do you prefer the HP-P1 DAC?

Hi Longbowbbs

These 2 portable dac For idevice : Alo Class solo and Fostex HP P 1 are The best dac IMO to date .

If i like to hear very Fast music : mostly i like to use Alo Class solo
Alo Class solo has Better detail and High , more Clear In The mid and Better bass impact compare To Fostex HP p1

If i like to hear analog recording : i like to use My Fostex HP P 1 as My dac In My rig .
Mid Sound analog

With The Two portable dac You can have Better SQ With changes Your USB dac and mini to mini cable

I have more than 1 USB to lod:
My van Den Hul is Better than > Alo sxc 22 AWG > Whiplash audio twag 2 elite cable > My DIY solid Silver 8 Braid

My best mini to mini :
4 braid 18 awg silver solid core cable > my audio note Cable > my 8 braid solid core cable 24 awg

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #503 of 37,653
Nice to have good choices. I am certainly enjoying the HP-P1. I travel a lot so I had to make a call on 1 device for everything to keep the rig portable. I did get the Toxic Cable Silver Poison LOD for the IPC>HP-P1 connection.

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #508 of 37,653
Quote:
My Gym rig, does get me some funny looks, mostly from people with white earbuds attached to their ears :)

The amp is something I picked up a few years back, it's a Texas Instruments chipset, not sure of the details.  Certainly brings the Atrios (MG7) I use at the gym to life! Sansaa Clip+ is rockboxed, of course, great little player.  It looks a little ghetto but sounds fantastic.

the amp looks alot like the PA2 that Gary makes, i've been thinking of getting one to add to my rig, but i dont think the would do too much with Grado sr80i's

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #509 of 37,653
Quote:
the amp looks alot like the PA2 that Gary makes, i've been thinking of getting one to add to my rig, but i dont think the would do too much with Grado sr80i's

Actually the PA2V2 uses a standard Hammond case. Anyways, that's not a PA2V2 because those have the cool red translucent plastic front.

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #510 of 37,653
Quote:

Actually the PA2V2 uses a standard Hammond case. Anyways, that's not a PA2V2 because those have the cool red translucent plastic front.

someday if i do make that order, ill ask him if he can do a custom job of adding a blue faceplate instead of red or clear.

now i know this isnt portable, but i think its worthy to post up here.

imho; "High Fidelity"

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back