Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 10, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #271 of 37,611
Quote:
XBA-3s directly plugged to a NWZ-F806 running Poweramp, with bass and treble controls slightly buffed and +5/6dB to 30Hz.
Friend's giving me a GoVibe Mini soon though, but apparently that can't work with LODs because it has no volume control. On the other hand, I might get his FiiO E11 when he replaces it...

You can bro with a shure/westone volume control adapter, my GR07 is coupled with my govibe mini with an LOD and the volume control adapter for ultra portable rig. the sound of govibe mini is amazing for its size.
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #276 of 37,611
Something for H2OFidelity to enjoy.....
wink.gif

iPod Nano 6G with Etymotic hf3's and ACS Custom tips....

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #277 of 37,611

XBA-3s directly plugged to a NWZ-F806 running Poweramp, with bass and treble controls slightly buffed and +5/6dB to 30Hz.
Friend's giving me a GoVibe Mini soon though, but apparently that can't work with LODs because it has no volume control. On the other hand, I might get his FiiO E11 when he replaces it...

Please,can we have a a snapshot of your Poweramp eq.

I want to see how much of an effect will this change the SQ.

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #278 of 37,611
That would sound pretty nice I imagine. the pairing looks wonderful.
I do get slightly turned on by a great simple DAP and IEM pairing of good quality.

It's simple, it's efficient, and it sounds great. Clean and sparkly. And, best of all, only one set of cables to worry about. And only one battery to worry about...
I've always been using a simple set up like this. Love using the XBA-3s, they have a really pleasing treble sparkle and an intimate sound. I find it hard to listen to other earphones that don't have this kind of sparkle or treble now, especially dynamic driver based models...

Please,can we have a a snapshot of your Poweramp eq.
I want to see how much of an effect will this change the SQ.

The difference is quite distinct. It's approximately 5.5dB (either +5 or +6, maybe even +6.5?) to 30Hz and that's it. And maybe +10% or so to bass and treble. The 30Hz bass boost adds a distinct and stronger but controlled boomy punch to the music without distortion, without getting muddy and remaining tight enough. It also avoids muddying the rest of the sound, while the slight treble boost adds the extra perception of clarity and sparkle that I have a preference for. Depending on the individual song, I may also increase 16kHz and/or the treble boost. But the above shown is my 'common general setting'.
Of course, this sort of v-shape sound is not everyone's cup of tea, but it's certainly mine. You might even say I like a recessed midrange... but for me, whenever there are vocals, it usually overpowers everything else in regards to what my ears focus on automatically, so it is not a problem for me. I'm not sure if I can be considered a basshead though. It's certainly a very colored sound that's probably far from flat and neutral.
DVC is disabled because the bass distorts with clipping noticeably when boosted with DVC on. I restrict the bands to +7dB because it usually sounds bad when it goes any higher than that on any band.

You can bro with a shure/westone volume control adapter, my GR07 is coupled with my govibe mini with an LOD and the volume control adapter for ultra portable rig. the sound of govibe mini is amazing for its size. :D

Damn, another cable to dangle about... But sounds like a good idea, yeah. I'm not sure I'm likely to use the amp though, besides for hobby's sake. I find the idea of having an extra item around clunky to manage on the go. However I could imagine myself using such a set up when I'm seated at a certain location for an extended period of time.

Nov 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #280 of 37,611
@salanos

You are a bass head, thank you.

Nov 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #281 of 37,611
@salanos
You are a bass head, thank you.

I certainly love a good bass punch, but overall I think a bright treble sparkle is actually more important to me, as I can live without the bass boost. Which is why I like headphones like the ATH-M50 and stuff...

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #283 of 37,611
B826BED3-684E-435D-9B40-5F80EC321787-517-0000006674D6644E.jpg

Here is my portable rig. Really loving the Momentum, I used to run t70p but I found the momentum more portable and sounds amazing.

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #284 of 37,611
Quote:
You can bro with a shure/westone volume control adapter, my GR07 is coupled with my govibe mini with an LOD and the volume control adapter for ultra portable rig. the sound of govibe mini is amazing for its size.
biggrin.gif

Great looking setup. What tips are you using on the GR07's? The bore looks huge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back