Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #286 of 37,433
I keep getting this message when trying to insert a photo of my portable rig -  "There was a problem submitting this to the server. Please try again."  
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Steve

I got that back then too. I think Head-Fi imposes a limitation on new users so you gotta get some posts to 'rank up' before you can start embedding images into posts... Till then, make do with linking?

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #287 of 37,433
Quote:
Great looking setup. What tips are you using on the GR07's? The bore looks huge!

Thanks.:) i call them frankenstein tips. Basically i took the plastic core from the foam tips of the GR07 and used Hippo medium sized foam tips coupled with sony tips that i had from a previous headphone i had laying around and finally inserted the coupled tips into the plastic core that was mentioned earlier. i had since tried different foams with the sony tips and found the shure foams to isolate the best. that was a old photo i uploaded. i love the bigger bore and hybrid between the foam + sony tips. very good isolation and improve details and clarity i hear from the GR07. because i can now insert my headphones deeper and the foam helps to fill the gap for better isolation + having the advantage of a bigger bore. give it a try if u manage to find some tips with bigger bore u could work with.

Some pics to better explain the tips.:)

Nov 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #289 of 37,433
Quote:
Thanks.:) i call them frankenstein tips. Basically i took the plastic core from the foam tips of the GR07 and used Hippo medium sized foam tips coupled with sony tips that i had from a previous headphone i had laying around and finally inserted the coupled tips into the plastic core that was mentioned earlier. i had since tried different foams with the sony tips and found the shure foams to isolate the best. that was a old photo i uploaded. i love the bigger bore and hybrid between the foam + sony tips. very good isolation and improve details and clarity i hear from the GR07. because i can now insert my headphones deeper and the foam helps to fill the gap for better isolation + having the advantage of a bigger bore. give it a try if u manage to find some tips with bigger bore u could work with.

Some pics to better explain the tips.:)

that's one hell of a DIYed tip! great creativity and i'm sure it gets the job done!

Nov 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #290 of 37,433
got my iPod Classic 4th Gen(not the iPod Photo or the iPod Color)

perfect retro match with the even super retro Portapros.

Retro is the best to go!

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #291 of 37,433

To go full retro though, you'll need a cassette Walkman or a late-'80s Discman :D

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #296 of 37,433
Thanks for the answer about not being able to insert a photo.  The picture would show my portable rig consisting of
iPod Classic 160, AlgoRhythm Solo, JH3A/16 in translucent black with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable in a Black Star Amp Wallet.

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #297 of 37,433
^^

That is a heck of a portable rig, Sotone! Post the pic when you can.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back