Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 7, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #211 of 37,648
Quote:

Go right to the top of the choices.........FitEar 334s for UIEM

Well, I have heard great things about them. But so far I can't afford it. 
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #212 of 37,648
Quote:

I used iBooks a little bit on my old 4th gen Touch, and it was surprisingly readable for the size of the screen....I just had to turn the pages a lot more often....lol. I would never have thought of using another app for books on it, iBooks seemed to work very well....although I suppose if you had Kindle format books you'd need a Kindle app, right? I had all mine converted to epub format so they worked either on the Touch or the Nook.

I have Kindle and Kobo also because I've bought a few books from them, and Bluefire into which I can just import my many epubs - it's a bit more customisable than iBooks.

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #213 of 37,648
Quote:
Stunning combo jay!

regular_smile .gif

I must say the C3 does look stunning and is nice and compact, but not sure if its something I will keep. Most of my music files are ALAC and my FLAC files tend to be 24/96....neither of which are supported by the C3 (Should have thought about that before I pressed the "BUY" button). Im not sure whether I can be arsed to re-rip the files to the relevant format just for use in the gym and running.

I am also finding the User Interface a bit of a pain to use with the small screen. It also tends to mess all your track listing up.....so rather than playing them in order they seem to be all over the place....not sure how I can get round that. Also need to find a suitable way of storing the music files at the moment I use Artist > Album > Tracks. I'm probably to entranched into the Apple UI using an iPod / iPad and iPhone.....they are just easier to navigate around and obviously have bigger screens.

Just use something lik dbPoweramp to transcode to something the C3 understands

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #215 of 37,648
Quote:
Just use something lik dbPoweramp to transcode to something the C3 understands

Yep I had another go this afternoon when I had a few minutes and re ripped a few files into WAV format for the Colorfly using dbPoweramp (which I have just saved as seperate files in another folder). At the moment because its only 4GB I can only get about 7 or 8 albums on there, but if I decide to keep it then I will by an Micro SD card and load it up.

Having reloaded the albums it seems to have kept the tracks in order and seeing as I am just likely to choose an album and let it play whilst I work out or go for a run the C3 will fit in my pocket without any hassle.

Now I have had a couple of hours with it, its a cracking piece of equipment....but personally I will stick with my modded iPod and TTVJ for more serious commuting / office listening.

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #216 of 37,648
Just got myself a new Corda Quickstep to compliment my iQube which has been serving me for years. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #217 of 37,648
My new portable rig. Clip+ --> Cosmic Ears Flex (single dynamic driver). Sorry for picture quality, will make some beter later on.

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #219 of 37,648
Quote:
I got a purple case for the new Touch - I needed something grippy for when I'm reading books in bed - surprised by just how few cases are available yet.

Mind if i inquire where you got the case from?

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #220 of 37,648
My rig. Only hi-res wavs, no mp3s or CDrips. It's around 3-4 years old. Now I'm tinkling f getting something more portable. Maybe iRiver AK100. But I'm worried that the SQ might dissapoint me:frowning2:

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #221 of 37,648
My latest favourite music app - it's very clean and simple:

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #222 of 37,648
Nov 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #223 of 37,648
Quote:
Mind if i inquire where you got the case from?

This was from a cheap stand in Edinburgh's Ocean Terminal (Scotland) - the kind of place that sells all sorts of phone cases..they had very few for the new Touch and this purple one was one of the less glitzy options. £5 - which wasn't too bad.

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #224 of 37,648
Quote:

I like the look of that!

Yeah - it just uses whatever playlists or albums that you already have in the music app. And you have shuffle/repeat options

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #225 of 37,648
Quote:
My latest favourite music app - it's very clean and simple:

That, right there, has to be one of coolest apps I have seen...
I have always had a thing for McIntosh gear...
Will be installing that as soon as possible...
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back