Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #46 of 37,652
Aaah, new thread. Very nice. Obviously, subscribted! 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 27, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #51 of 37,652

From the previous thread. Like I said there, this is my "rig" mostly for traveling in vehicles.

This is what I use the rare times that I walk around and listen to music. I like to be able to hear what is going on around me. (after taking that picture, the cable bent like that is really bothering me :xf_eek: )

I don't like to lug too much around :D

Oct 27, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #53 of 37,652
Quote:
Still using the same rig, and the same photo!

There is probably a new LOD in the works, as there usually is, and I just bought a pair of GR07 mkii, so they might make an appearance soon.

Very nice.
Where do you get your cable components?

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #57 of 37,652
Quote:
Very nice.
Where do you get your cable components?

Thank you

The wire is from Toxic Cables. ( Go to the ebay store - the website is not up to date )
The westone style connector pins are from lunashops, but Toxic stock them now too.
The jack plug is also from Lunashops.
The chin slider and Y splitter I made up myself from alumininum tube and wood.

Hope that helps :D

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #59 of 37,652
Quote:

How are these bad boys?

i'm impressed by the sound. plus they are light,comfortable and and isolate well--even without noise guard. enabled it gives a degree amplifcation and bass boost. call quality is good. in a *very* noisy room i got a complaint of a"pots and pans" noise. i imagine it was the mic adjusting between my voice and the background noise. it could have easily been my beard or locs brushing against the hidden mic. i've only been told of this issue 2 or 3 times in the months i owned the 'phones. the swap-able battery is an awesome feature. the spare can be charged outside of the 'phones (via usb) and stores nicely in the zippered pocket on the case. i had a difficult time convincing myself to buy them without listening first(something about the apple store give me the heebie jeebies)  but i don't regret taking the plunge. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back