Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 9, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #20,194 of 37,779
Hi Chris,

How do feel about the build quality of the LP3? I'm looking at moving to that from my X1 for Portable duty and it seems the reviews point to that as an issue and thought since you've used so many budget DAP's I'd ask you your feelings. It does check all the boxes feature wise for me, any other quirks about it you'd like to share. Sorry if a thread jack so feel free to point me  elsewhere for the answers. Thanks.  

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #20,195 of 37,779
  Hi Chris,

How do feel about the build quality of the LP3? I'm looking at moving to that from my X1 for Portable duty and it seems the reviews point to that as an issue and thought since you've used so many budget DAP's I'd ask you your feelings. It does check all the boxes feature wise for me, any other quirks about it you'd like to share. Sorry if a thread jack so feel free to point me  elsewhere for the answers. Thanks.  

Maybe it's a better-suiting question for the dedicated L & P L3 thread.

Regarding build quality, the unit I received is flawless and conveys what the name stands for.

I'm not that happy with the software at this stage though - there are a few things that should be worked on imho. One thing is solely FAT32-formatted card support, but then there is also the lack of "intuitive" scrolling through folders (one has to use virtual buttons at the bottom of the screen to scroll through folders like through "pages"), just no name two things I feel that could be improved. While the amount of features as well as build quality is really good, imho Luxury & Precision definitely needs to work on the software side. Let's hope that the future FW releases are better.

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #20,196 of 37,779
Thanks, I've read that thread top to bottom and did not post there to avoid what appeared to be some subjective opinions and since you've always been very objective in your reviews and critiques I thought I'd ask here. The software does appear to be buggy from the aforementioned thread but was curious on peoples build quality statements as they are all over the place on that. Thanks again. 

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #20,202 of 37,779
X5II + Ocharaku Flat-4 Aka II

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #20,203 of 37,779
Sounds awesome to my ears!

HFQMP6C.jpg

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #20,204 of 37,779

Home made 18v Fredsamplifiers.com.au 3-channel amp with in-built charging circuit. Xiamo Mi Piston III with diy ear buds. 256GB SD card iPod Classic 5 with rockbox. Also use a iPod Classic 7 and iPhone 6s Plus. Love the amp, excellent tight bass, although maybe not the most portable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back