Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 7, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #20,178 of 37,782
Awesome sounding combo

B9MyoVR.jpg

Jun 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #20,179 of 37,782
Been rockin' the AR-M2 for a little bit - 
The first review sample had an issue w/ the line-out (channels cutting in and out - & contact cleaner didn't help) - but I got a replacement FAST - and I really dig this DAP. However, I think, considering the options on the market right now - they gotta get the price down.

But it drives my ETHER-Cs beautifully, and
ETHERS!!!

you have a great DAP, i don't know ,for the price ,any Dap that has the same driving force and features...

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #20,182 of 37,782
you have a great DAP, i don't know ,for the price ,any Dap that has the same driving force and features...

RIGHT? I love the screen - its responsiveness - the volume pot is so smooth, the feel and look is just precisely what I look for!!
PLUS: I can stream TIDAL, Spotify, and Amazon Prime Music as well as play hi-rez (as a music addict - the more I can get the better).
THANX!!!!
I got the AR for review - and gonna buy the review sample for sure

Though I still LUV & rock my AK & QP1R!!

Jun 7, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #20,183 of 37,782
RIGHT? I love the screen - its responsiveness - the volume pot is so smooth, the feel and look is just precisely what I look for!!
PLUS: I can stream TIDAL, Spotify, and Amazon Prime Music as well as play hi-rez (as a music addict - the more I can get the better).
THANX!!!!
I got the AR for review - and gonna buy the review sample for sure

Though I still LUV & rock my AK & QP1R!!

yes i love my Questyle qp1r and my Lotoo paw gold too , all 3 music makers

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #20,187 of 37,782

Got rid of the dinky speakers in the living room & brought out the big boys - Fisher 3-ways driven by an early 80's Pioneer amp. 
Playback is Gemini PT-2000 deck or PonoPlayer.

Yet I'm an audiophile? - I like loud music that moves you proper, not specs and ridiculous purchases.

The 1966 Magnavox Astrosonic they sit on is just a table at this point. I had it's MicroMat TT rehabbed and the whole chassis looked over, but it got crusty again so I shut it down, made it furniture. It provided music to my family for over 40 years. Gets loud enough to practice drums to.

Also I was particularly proud of how the FIsher's fit into my record shelf. I'm gonna get some padding between them and the floor, get some of the ringing out.

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #20,188 of 37,782
2 more mobile music finds while I was thrifting last weekend:

An Ampex portable cassette machine: Micro70

This thing is built like a tank and functioning. Haven't thoroughly tested it yet. Great dials, buttons, and loading mechanism. Ampex is no joke. Also has stereo in, an alarm, and sleep function. Lots of routing on the back. Paid $20 for it. It should clean up real nice.

Then there was this - one of many suitcase turntables I've seen. Didn't buy since I already own a few and have no space:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back