Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 14, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #18,916 of 37,648
No, but for a lot more money you can go purple:

www.moon-audio.com/adl-idevice-id-8l-lightning-to-usb-cable.html

Thanks for the link! 

My latest travel rig:

Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 with custom rt.angled USB emulation cable for digital output to the Oppo HA-2, plus two 128GB micro SD cards with FLAC files

32GB iPod Touch 6 for WiFi streaming (Tidal HiFi) with aftermarket rt.angled Lightning to USB A cable to the HA-2

Oppo HA-2 (ESS9018K2M DAC) Line Level out, powered by Anker Astro Pro 10,000 mAh 5V Li-Ion battery pack to keep both the HA-2 and iPod charged during play 

iBasso PB2 (balanced output amp) with 4x LME49990 in the Input Voltage gain stage and 4x LT1028 as buffers, set for Hi Gain, fed by a Cardas HPI 3.5mm interconnect from the HA-2, powered by an Energizer XP8000 8,000 mAh Li-Ion battery via a 16V Willy Cable inline voltage regulator to supply the PB2 with maximum permissible voltage.

iBasso CB11 interconnect XLR 4 pin female Cable to Hirose HR10A male with Toxic Cables Silver Poison UPOCC, 96-inch, naked, terminated for 4-Pin XLR and HD800 (balanced)

Sennheiser HD 800 (modded with a very thin, 16mm wide, felt "washer" surrounding the drivers - to cover the hard reflective metal rings)

Plus alternate op-amps in an aluminum case, battery chargers and cables, micro SD card holder,etc.

Impressive! If you don't mind the question, what is your mode of travel normally?

What is that amp? dac also?

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #18,922 of 37,648
No, but for a lot more money you can go purple:

www.moon-audio.com/adl-idevice-id-8l-lightning-to-usb-cable.html

Thanks for the link! 

My latest travel rig:

Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 with custom rt.angled USB emulation cable for digital output to the Oppo HA-2, plus two 128GB micro SD cards with FLAC files

32GB iPod Touch 6 for WiFi streaming (Tidal HiFi) with aftermarket rt.angled Lightning to USB A cable to the HA-2

Oppo HA-2 (ESS9018K2M DAC) Line Level out, powered by Anker Astro Pro 10,000 mAh 5V Li-Ion battery pack to keep both the HA-2 and iPod charged during play 

iBasso PB2 (balanced output amp) with 4x LME49990 in the Input Voltage gain stage and 4x LT1028 as buffers, set for Hi Gain, fed by a Cardas HPI 3.5mm interconnect from the HA-2, powered by an Energizer XP8000 8,000 mAh Li-Ion battery via a 16V Willy Cable inline voltage regulator to supply the PB2 with maximum permissible voltage.

iBasso CB11 interconnect XLR 4 pin female Cable to Hirose HR10A male with Toxic Cables Silver Poison UPOCC, 96-inch, naked, terminated for 4-Pin XLR and HD800 (balanced)

Sennheiser HD 800 (modded with a very thin, 16mm wide, felt "washer" surrounding the drivers - to cover the hard reflective metal rings)

Plus alternate op-amps in an aluminum case, battery chargers and cables, micro SD card holder,etc.

Impressive! If you don't mind the question, what is your mode of travel normally?

What is that amp? dac also?
dac/amp for ios/android/pc COZOY Aegis .
Full review on my blog :)

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #18,923 of 37,648
  [snip]

[snip]

It's not for use while traveling, but rather, after getting there.  
smile.gif

Most frequently, I travel by foot...

...to a hammock on our deck in the back yard.  
tongue.gif

Less frequently, I travel by car or, less frequently still, by air, to a holiday or business destination.  

I don't have any problem getting through airport security, except for once having to forfeit a long Torx-head screwdriver that I used for opening my PB2 case to roll op-amps. I now carry the little L-shaped Torx tool that came with the PB2.

Mike

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #18,924 of 37,648

X5 with the Pioneer XPA-700 still on line as yet to get a coaxial lead with the ATH-MSR7's. I'm liking the Pioneer
with the X5 more than I liked the E12 it replaces.

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #18,928 of 37,648
dac/amp for ios/android/pc COZOY Aegis .
Full review on my blog
smily_headphones1.gif

It's beautiful... Thanks for the review.
Does it ever feel 'heavy' dangling off of the headphone cord?

It's not for use while traveling, but rather, after getting there.  
smile.gif

Most frequently, I travel by foot...

...to a hammock on our deck in the back yard.  
tongue.gif

Awesome! The way it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back