Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 6, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #18,827 of 37,703
Hi, Ehr33,

I really like this!   

Your creation evidences a lot of "thinking outside the box."   You're not copy-catting anything else I've seen.

:beerchug:

I'm amazed the 1TB drive can get enough power from the Acer tablet (even if you weren't using a USB hub.)

Would a battery-powered USB hub allow you to simultaneously charge the tablet while playing music?

How long does the D12 battery last with your IEMs (or...  Which runs out first - the tablet or the D12)?

One more question:

Hi zilch0md, glad that you like it. Yes, the hub allow me to charge all my devices simultaneously while playing music.

The D12 battery is superb. Installed Bur Brown OPA134/2134,but still it could run for more than 12 hours between charges. I likely drain to drain my tab battery twice before I could change my D12.

On your last question, that's just a cable tag. Cheers!

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #18,828 of 37,703
]

My 1tb portable solution
Windows tab/Foobar - OTG hubs - portable HDD - Ibasso D12 - UE900

Could you tell me what's the model of the tablet? I'm looking for a small tablet than runs a full Windows version to run programs like jriver...
Thanks.[/quote]

Hi Josefale, that's Acer Iconia Tab 8W. It's run on Windows 8.1. I believe it's a 7 inch tab. You basically can install any music software to it (for Windows of course). Cheers!

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #18,829 of 37,703

Hi, Ehr33,

I really like this!   

Your creation evidences a lot of "thinking outside the box."   You're not copy-catting anything else I've seen.

beerchug.gif

I'm amazed the 1TB drive can get enough power from the Acer tablet (even if you weren't using a USB hub.)

Would a battery-powered USB hub allow you to simultaneously charge the tablet while playing music?

How long does the D12 battery last with your IEMs (or...  Which runs out first - the tablet or the D12)?

One more question:

Hi zilch0md, glad that you like it. Yes, the hub allow me to charge all my devices simultaneously while playing music.

The D12 battery is superb. Installed Bur Brown OPA134/2134,but still it could run for more than 12 hours between charges. I likely drain to drain my tab battery twice before I could change my D12.

On your last question, that's just a cable tag. Cheers!

and your Disk is HDD (platters) or SSD? i think sandoisk announced a pocketable 2TB SSD but costs like hell HAHA, i have two 2TB normal HD's one is the backup for all my media, music makes 730GB and videos & photos like 500GB

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #18,831 of 37,703
and your Disk is HDD (platters) or SSD? i think sandoisk announced a pocketable 2TB SSD but costs like hell HAHA, i have two 2TB normal HD's one is the backup for all my media, music makes 730GB and videos & photos like 500GB
[/quote]

It's HDD, waiting for the portable SDD drop their prices, it'll be awesome! More efficiency = longer battery life

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #18,839 of 37,703
My current IEM Portable Rig:
Sony A17, FiiO E12, Audio Technica ATH-IM04, customized phone case pouch (last picture shows original)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back