Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 4, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #18,077 of 37,696
Sometimes I question myself if I have any hifi disorder and/or disabilities because of my lost appetite for upgrade for more than a year now.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #18,078 of 37,696
  Sometimes I question myself if I have any hifi disorder and/or disabilities because of my lost appetite for upgrade for more than a year now.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Obse ssive compulsive syndrome or head-fi syndrome ?
biggrin.gif
 haha i know that too with my ZX100 walkman i've lost the apetite for upgratditis too.... well until sony outs a super duper audiophile walkman then i will drool again

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #18,079 of 37,696
Sometimes I question myself if I have any hifi disorder and/or disabilities because of my lost appetite for upgrade for more than a year now.  :)

Same here! I have my 5.5gen for everyday carry and my Alien for the gym and special occasions. I'm very happy! Now it's time to start hifi-ing the kids!

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #18,082 of 37,696
smily_headphones1.gif

I must have some sort of sleeping disorder, because reading the same post with the same rig every week makes me want to snooze. Funny how the body works.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #18,084 of 37,696

My go to portable set up lately: FiiO X7 => Havi B3 Pro 1 or Venture Electronics Zen

nice !  How do you like the FiiO X7 ?  How is the user interface (fluid ? convenient ? intuitive ?...)

Did you has other DAP before to compare to the FiiO X7 ?

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #18,085 of 37,696

nice !  How do you like the FiiO X7 ?  How is the user interface (fluid ? convenient ? intuitive ?...)

Did you has other DAP before to compare to the FiiO X7 ?

Thanks :) Its pretty nice, I am mostly coming from a BlackBerry Z30 and a recently gifted iPod Classic, so this is my first real DAP. The software is still in BETA, but so far it is very solid, fluid and very convenient to use. No lag whatsoever and no crashes or hiccups, I kind of feel spoiled by it to be honest, spotify runs more fluid on it than on my cellphone!

Sorry no other similar daps to compare to, but it sounds quite a bit better than the iPod Classic, and noticeably better than when using my Geek Out V2 dac/amp with my macbook pro.

Edit: Plenty of impressions from those on the X7 tour in the tour thread if you want more detailed info, not really good at describing these things 
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #18,086 of 37,696
  I must have some sort of sleeping disorder, because reading the same post with the same rig every week makes me want to snooze. Funny how the body works.

dude if you snooze that means you sleep good. Warning snoozing can kill you and I am not responsible. I am thankful it's not illegal to use the same rig. 
cool.gif

Honestly I am humbled to have a TOTL head-fi'er read my same post every week, even reluctantly and painfully due to TOTL disorder. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back