Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Sep 9, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #17,461 of 37,648
It's not especially good.

I just tried plugging into the line out and with the m50xs there is no bass at all even with the bass switch on. Will it damage one of the devices?

Sep 9, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #17,462 of 37,648
You're funny. Do whatever you want. If you think there's no bass in line-out, my guess is you've lost most of your hearing already. So make it sound good to whatever is left of your ears. :)

Sep 9, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #17,463 of 37,648
Let yourself get used to it for a few days, maybe you're one of natures bass heads, no problem with that but boosting bass on player and then boosting bass further on amp to me sounds like a bit of a messy sound...

That is NOT saying what you're doing isn't right for you however, as it is all about the personal experience.

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #17,464 of 37,648
Let yourself get used to it for a few days, maybe you're one of natures bass heads, no problem with that but boosting bass on player and then boosting bass further on amp to me sounds like a bit of a messy sound...

That is NOT saying what you're doing isn't right for you however, as it is all about the personal experience.

Wise advice, big diff in line out and amped out
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #17,467 of 37,648
You're funny. Do whatever you want. If you think there's no bass in line-out, my guess is you've lost most of your hearing already. So make it sound good to whatever is left of your ears. :)

Haha well after a nights sleep I tried the line out again it sounds so much better. My ears were just used to lots of bass from double bassing..:p

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #17,468 of 37,648
Haha well after a nights sleep I tried the line out again it sounds so much better. My ears were just used to lots of bass from double bassing..:p

I understand. Every time I try a new piece of equipment I have to give myself a little while to adjust before I can hear all its virtues.

You will likely find this setup much clearer, and cleaner sounding, with better detail, and bass that has a lot more texture and personality. Once your ears adjust, I'd bet you won't finding it lacking in quantity.

Sep 10, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #17,474 of 37,648
I'm using JVC Spiral Dots with mine. I refuse to use tips that obstruct the nozzle in any way. I want to know I'm hearing the full Angie sound... nothing attenuated. Spiral Dots give good isolation and seal. Very comfortable. But Angie will stick out a little more, as these tips fill your outer canal, not the inner. The sound is out of this world, though.

I've tried lots of tips, but I must have an oddly shaped ear as these are the first tips other than comply tips (which arent very durable and can block the ports easily while not offering a great deal of isolation) that actually stay in my left ear.  Everything else, even going back to my first decent Shure E2C iem, I'd always have to press on the left after a few minutes.  With the spinfits I don't have to touch the things once they are in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back