Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 21, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #16,548 of 37,643
hi guys, im new here, hopefully one of these days i could share some snapshots of my portable rig. Happy listening! 
beyersmile.png

May 21, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #16,549 of 37,643
@ Leviticus

Just bought a ZX2 myself and love it to bits. Do you use the amp for extra volume?

I bought the VP1 with the intention to properly drive my new TH-900. The ZX2 itself is powerful enough to drive the TH-900 (25 Ohms) without an external amplifier, but the VP1 adds some refinement to the sound signature and, of course, gives the volume a nice boost.

I agree with you, the ZX2 is a magnificant DAP. 

May 21, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #16,550 of 37,643

Update Rig setup​

They are almost the same components as the last time I updated my rig last year, only a feel upgrades here... Only this time around i changed the cases, from one big one to 3 small ones. The reason behind it is that my bag was too thin for my previous case, that pouch was the perfect size for all my items but just too clunky to take around... 3 little pouches are much more manageable and easy to place in a bag.

The pouches
  1. Mad Catz
    1. came from a high end mouse i purchased a couple of months ago, it houses the iPod as well as the Sony PHA-1
  2. Sure Hard-Case
    1. came standard with my Shure SE535s
  3. Mi Vision
    1. water resistant and well padded cheap little thing. Purchased for $1 on special 
      biggrin.gif

The good stuff
  1. Main Gear
    1. Shure SE535 
    2. Sony PHA-1
    3. Apple iPod 7th generation 160GB
  2. Cables and Connectors
    1. Custom 30pin to USB (I made it myself as the one that comes with the PHA-1 is too long for my liking)
    2. Short 30pin to USB (use to charge the iPod on the go)
    3. Short mini-USB to USB (to connect the PHA-1 to computers and to charge it)
    4. Fiio L9
    5. 1/8" to 1/8" shot jack cable
    6. 1/8" to 1/4" gold plated connector
    7. Airplane connector
    8. 1x 1/8" jack male to 2x 1/8" jack female (to share my music with people if needed)
  3. Miscellaneous
    1. 1/8" jack button emulator
      1. the iPod still recognises the pushes on the button even if a external dac is been used, this allows me to move thru songs with the setup in my pocket. 
    2. Ear buds (I can't get myself to insert anything up my ear without cleaning the screw* out of it) 
    3. Cleaning micro-fibre cloth
    4. Ear wax cleaning tool
    5. Extra tips for my Shures
      1. Comply foam tips P-Series (long ones)
      2. Shure medium foam tips
      3. Shure medium silicone tips 

If you feel like seeing the old post check 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/14445#post_11006750

May 21, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #16,553 of 37,643

Update Rig setup​

They are almost the same components as the last time I updated my rig last year, only a feel upgrades here... Only this time around i changed the cases, from one big one to 3 small ones. The reason behind it is that my bag was too thin for my previous case, that pouch was the perfect size for all my items but just too clunky to take around... 3 little pouches are much more manageable and easy to place in a bag.

The pouches
  1. Mad Catz
    1. came from a high end mouse i purchased a couple of months ago, it houses the iPod as well as the Sony PHA-1
  2. Sure Hard-Case
    1. came standard with my Shure SE535s
  3. Mi Vision
    1. water resistant and well padded cheap little thing. Purchased for $1 on special 
      biggrin.gif

The good stuff
  1. Main Gear
    1. Shure SE535 
    2. Sony PHA-1
    3. Apple iPod 7th generation 160GB
  2. Cables and Connectors
    1. Custom 30pin to USB (I made it myself as the one that comes with the PHA-1 is too long for my liking)
    2. Short 30pin to USB (use to charge the iPod on the go)
    3. Short mini-USB to USB (to connect the PHA-1 to computers and to charge it)
    4. Fiio L9
    5. 1/8" to 1/8" shot jack cable
    6. 1/8" to 1/4" gold plated connector
    7. Airplane connector
    8. 1x 1/8" jack male to 2x 1/8" jack female (to share my music with people if needed)
  3. Miscellaneous
    1. 1/8" jack button emulator
      1. the iPod still recognises the pushes on the button even if a external dac is been used, this allows me to move thru songs with the setup in my pocket. 
    2. Ear buds (I can't get myself to insert anything up my ear without cleaning the screw* out of it) 
    3. Cleaning micro-fibre cloth
    4. Ear wax cleaning tool
    5. Extra tips for my Shures
      1. Comply foam tips P-Series (long ones)
      2. Shure medium foam tips
      3. Shure medium silicone tips 

If you feel like seeing the old post check 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/14445#post_11006750

That is a lot of stuff to carry around. Do you carry it everywhere or just to work/office/park/somewhere special?

Awesome stuff though. I've been eyeing the Sony PHA-1 for a while to replace/upgrade my Fiio E17. I don't know about the sound differences but I'm a sucker for volume knobs 
etysmile.gif

May 21, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #16,555 of 37,643

I think I'm slowly becoming a Sony fanboy... :) 

How do you like your XBA-4s?

I'm thinking about getting them, they're going for about $220 usd right now over here in TacoLand (read: Mexico) but I'm still undecided. I have the XBA-H1 and XBA-1 and I like them a lot, but I don't know how they compare to the 4s as I've never listened to them.

May 21, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #16,556 of 37,643

How do you like your XBA-4s?

I'm thinking about getting them, they're going for about $220 usd right now over here in TacoLand (read: Mexico) but I'm still undecided. I have the XBA-H1 and XBA-1 and I like them a lot, but I don't know how they compare to the 4s as I've never listened to them.

I really like them, even for $220 it's still a great deal. However, I would buy the XBA-40s I found them on Amazon for around $200 as well.

May 21, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #16,557 of 37,643

I really like them, even for $220 it's still a great deal. However, I would buy the XBA-40s I found them on Amazon for around $200 as well.

I probably should, but shipping would take about a month to get over here, plus taxes and shipping costs and import duties, so they would actually be more expensive.

Do you know if there's much difference between the 4s and the 40s?

May 21, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #16,560 of 37,643

That is a lot of stuff to carry around. Do you carry it everywhere or just to work/office/park/somewhere special?

Awesome stuff though. I've been eyeing the Sony PHA-1 for a while to replace/upgrade my Fiio E17. I don't know about the sound differences but I'm a sucker for volume knobs 
etysmile.gif

Thats the point, I take it to varsity daily, and occasionally on trips.

The day-by-day i only take the iPod/Dac combo plus the IEMs. 

If i know ill be more than a day away form home I'll also take the blue bag with the extras. 

Everything used to be in one singe case, it was a perfect fit, but so unnecessary and HUGE
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back