Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 14, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #16,186 of 37,619

All rigs are appreciated here! (just ignore the really 'really' expensive ones) 
tongue_smile.gif

In that case;

Just picked up one of these for walking/jogging. For portability it's just insane how small and light it is. Goes quite loud to boot. Totally flat EQ. 30 hour battery. Great sound for it's intended use. Believe it or not it can drive my NAD HP50's.

Will be buying the some Wireless In-Ears to pair with it for a totally portable wireless solution. Will probably pick up a set of VSonic VSD1S's for it as well. 

Still deciding on what wireless in ears to get. Jabra Rox or Jaybirds X.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #16,187 of 37,619
In that case;

Just picked up one of these for walking/jogging. For portability it's just insane how small and light it is. Goes quite loud to boot. Totally flat EQ. 30 hour battery. Great sound for it's intended use. Believe it or not it can drive my NAD HP50's.

Will be buying the some Wireless In-Ears to pair with it for a totally portable wireless solution. Will probably pick up a set of VSonic VSD1S's for it as well. 

Love the nano! Just wish it had larger storage capacity :'(

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #16,188 of 37,619
Love the nano! Just wish it had larger storage capacity :'(

One of the main reason why i sold my Nano and jumped on Sony's A15.
Expandable storage + FLAC support + no ridiculous need for iTunes, although a bit bigger and heavier, still acceptable for jogging IMO.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #16,189 of 37,619

I know it's not much compared to some of the rigs on here, but this one's mine and I like it!

How do you like the A17?

Quote:
1428816337545.jpg

I bring 2 rigs whenever I'm out just to get my gf more interested in Head-fi... frankly she doesn't really care about the sound quality, but 2 days ago I got her slightly interested in Custom IEMs by showing her pictures as some looked pretty (Gonna be at my expense of course...)

Is the one of the right a F806? How do you find it compares to the A17? Interface and screen size look much better.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #16,191 of 37,619

Is the one of the right a F806? How do you find it compares to the A17? Interface and screen size look much better.

The one on the right is a ZX2, it's running on android so everything will definitely look better since it's similar to a smart phone type.

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #16,192 of 37,619

One of the main reason why i sold my Nano and jumped on Sony's A15.
Expandable storage + FLAC support + no ridiculous need for iTunes, although a bit bigger and heavier, still acceptable for jogging IMO.

I find apple lossless or dare I say it MP3's totally acceptable for a sports/outdoor oriented device. Yeah, iTunes. Big pain the ass however I'm ok with it as it does work!!

I did consider the Sony A15 but just out of my budget. Very nearly went for it though!!

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #16,193 of 37,619
I know this is WAY off topic (sorry), but how are the Ho's LS3/5As? I've been thinking about getting a pair before returning to Europe. There also seem to be a few manufacturers in Guangdong selling 15 ohm LS3/5A clones (but goodness knows where they get the fake B110 and T27...).

I didn't even know you could still source Bextrene!

These little buggers are pretty good performing. Missing some bass impact at the moment, but that'll be rectified once I get the matching woofers. The mids are the highlight here, simply beautiful. Highs is very sweet. I pair them with the Orion II tube amp and change the tubes according to my mood. I've got Tungsol black glass in there at the moment.

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #16,194 of 37,619
  I find apple lossless or dare I say it MP3's totally acceptable for a sports/outdoor oriented device. Yeah, iTunes. Big pain the ass however I'm ok with it as it does work!!

I did consider the Sony A15 but just out of my budget. Very nearly went for it though!!

The A15s are going below it's retail prices if you stalk around eBay, but yes the Nano's weight and size is hard to beat for sports/outdoor activities usage :)

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #16,195 of 37,619

The A15s are going below it's retail prices if you stalk around eBay, but yes the Nano's weight and size is hard to beat for sports/outdoor activities usage :)

Yeah, it's almost too small and light.

Just ordered some budget in ears for it;

A normal person would just buy one set!! Still, got them discounted off Amazon.

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #16,198 of 37,619
What is with all the iTunes hate? Performance wise, iTunes is very respectable, at least on OS X. 

Personally I can't live without iTunes for the following reasons

1. It has a user-friendly metadata entry interface with a correspondingly robust folder structure for your music library
2. (wireless) Syncing between OS X and iOS (including playlist handling) is the best I've seen, unmatched by any other ecosystem
3. Playlists, playlists, playlists. No other player handles playlist as well as iTunes. I love having my music library organised into playlists and depending on my mood, I'll just load/unload a playlist without any hassle at all - no need to deal with individual files. In this sense, I don't see how 'drag and drop' is an advantage... and if you really yearn it,  'drag and drop' is just a jailbreak away.

Did I say playlists?

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #16,199 of 37,619

In that case;

I was quite impressed with iPod Nano 4G? (I think that's it). Running 256 AAC was rather decent. iPod Touch 4G is also quite nice sounding unit, and well adapted to using different music player apps, EQ apps etc. one I owned for a while along side other players. 

I believe ClieOS likes his 7G Nano a bit.

The closest thing I have atm to an Android based player is the Hum Pervasion, which puts out some striking sound around DX90 levels.

(excuse the quality, I'm not in camera man mode today)

Check its specs out here: http://hum.hk/index.php/products/product-music-player/55-pervasion

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #16,200 of 37,619
  What is with all the iTunes hate? Performance wise, iTunes is very respectable, at least on OS X. 

Personally I can't live without iTunes for the following reasons

1. It has a user-friendly metadata entry interface with a correspondingly robust folder structure for your music library
2. (wireless) Syncing between OS X and iOS (including playlist handling) is the best I've seen, unmatched by any other ecosystem
3. Playlists, playlists, playlists. No other player handles playlist as well as iTunes. I love having my music library organised into playlists and depending on my mood, I'll just load/unload a playlist without any hassle at all - no need to deal with individual files. In this sense, I don't see how 'drag and drop' is an advantage... and if you really yearn it,  'drag and drop' is just a jailbreak away.

Did I say playlists?

You don't even need to jailbreak to 'drag and drop'. Just enable 'Manually manage music and videos' (or something along those lines) and then you can drag and drag and drop within iTunes. Obviously, people will argue that they don't want to use iTunes, but it's pretty much the same process.

For my iPod:
1. Open iTunes
2. Drag albums/artists/songs/playlists to iPod

For other devices/memory cards:
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Drag albums/artists/songs to device/memory card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back