Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 12, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #16,156 of 37,672
I guess you learned how to play the game right and showed her the pretty girly ones. Just don't show her the JH Audio Customs that where studded with real diamonds on the face plate. They are on Pinterest and if I am correct they were more triple the amount of JH Layla's.

Lol i don't think she'll like those as she even found the gold nuggets K10 ugly... Her favourite so far was the pure clear faceplate/shells or a Houndstooth design faceplate with clear shells.
Than Goodness for my wallet!! :)

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #16,158 of 37,672
1428816337545.jpg

I bring 2 rigs whenever I'm out just to get my gf more interested in Head-fi... frankly she doesn't really care about the sound quality, but 2 days ago I got her slightly interested in Custom IEMs by showing her pictures as some looked pretty (Gonna be at my expense of course...)

Smart thinking! I wish I would have trained my wife earlier on so that when I need something and its generally expensive she wouldn't think twice about it! I have to bribe her now, headphones for me Coach purse for her!

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #16,159 of 37,672
Smart thinking! I wish I would have trained my wife earlier on so that when I need something and its generally expensive she wouldn't think twice about it! I have to bribe her now, headphones for me Coach purse for her!

lol its not easy though... i only managed to get her attention for 1 hour during dinner... the next day she doesn't give a crap about it anymore...

Apr 12, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #16,161 of 37,672
Been loving this set up in my daily commute, and whilst doing chores round the house, never fails to make me smile :)
iPhone 4S 32GB, with hand made Mudorf Silver and gold LOD, JDS Labs C5D, Earsonics Velvet and home made hybrid silicon/memory foam ear tips.
These Velvets really thump, fantastic for EDM and Electonica. Been streaming from Tidal and finding all kinds of music I'd missed or forgotten about.
[/IMG]

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #16,162 of 37,672

My ex wife loves coach purses I used to get her a wallet and purse ever birthday and Christmas. Divorce did one good thing now i just buy what I want and don't have to answer to her, just my kids now and there both girls and the younger one makes me feel guilty when I buy myself something because she knows how much my hobby cost me lol.

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #16,163 of 37,672
Haha, that's why I sold my a15, my Mrs played with it for 30 seconds and said its cute, but I don't want it. (but I kind of miss it now, if only it sounded like the zx2)

lol I kept my A15 as the size is nice for jogging/gym. Well if you got her an iPod Nano maybe she'll want that instead :D

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #16,165 of 37,672
1428816337545.jpg

I bring 2 rigs whenever I'm out just to get my gf more interested in Head-fi... frankly she doesn't really care about the sound quality, but 2 days ago I got her slightly interested in Custom IEMs by showing her pictures as some looked pretty (Gonna be at my expense of course...)

HAHAH nice... Small price to pay for some understanding when it comes to this hobby haha.
My wife still thinks $30 is too much to pay for a pair of headphones/IEMs.

She chews through latin dancing shoes like they are candy at $200 a pair, but audio equipment is too expensive :p

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #16,166 of 37,672

HAHAH nice... Small price to pay for some understanding when it comes to this hobby haha.

She chews through latin dancing shoes like they are candy at $200 a pair, but audio equipment is too expensive :p

That's what I was telling Levanter in the other thread. Women have different priorities regarding money than we do.

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #16,168 of 37,672

Hahah! i only got her attention for 1 hour! 
The next 2 days she doesn't give a crap about it anymore lol 
mad.gif

That's what I was telling Levanter in the other thread. Women have different priorities regarding money than we do.

Lol next time we should filter out our criteria... techie chicks! 

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #16,170 of 37,672

I know it's not much compared to some of the rigs on here, but this one's mine and I like it!

Nice pic! Do you really leave it naked? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back