Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 16, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #16,216 of 37,672

I was quite impressed with iPod Nano 4G? (I think that's it). Running 256 AAC was rather decent. iPod Touch 4G is also quite nice sounding unit, and well adapted to using different music player apps, EQ apps etc. one I owned for a while along side other players. 

I believe ClieOS likes his 7G Nano a bit.

The closest thing I have atm to an Android based player is the Hum Pervasion, which puts out some striking sound around DX90 levels.

(excuse the quality, I'm not in camera man mode today)

Check its specs out here: http://hum.hk/index.php/products/product-music-player/55-pervasion

I will be sticking with the X3 Mk1 for a while I think. I'm very impressed with this player. So much I ditched my X5. Well, that and what turned out to be a faulty scroll wheel.

3 years R&D went into the X3 and it would not surprise me if because of that margins were low. They may have even lost money on every unit sold. Kind of like the Bugatti Veyron business model - they lose money on every car they sell because of R&D costs. But what a car!!

That's why I think the original X3 will become a classic. I think it'd worth more than what they sold it for. 

Anyways, my interests have changed and I've been told I need regular exercise so ultra portable sound for me atm!!

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #16,217 of 37,672
  I will be sticking with the X3 Mk1 for a while I think. I'm very impressed with this player. So much I ditched my X5. Well, that and what turned out to be a faulty scroll wheel.

3 years R&D went into the X3 and it would not surprise me if because of that margins were low. They may have even lost money on every unit sold. Kind of like the Bugatti Veyron business model - they lose money on every car they sell because of R&D costs. But what a car!!

That's why I think the original X3 will become a classic. I think it'd worth more than what they sold it for. 

Anyways, my interests have changed and I've been told I need regular exercise so ultra portable sound for me atm!!

But that is not the Head-fi way, you're going against team spirit.

One must upgrade their gear at least monthly or weekly. 

You're letting the team down.

Apr 16, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #16,218 of 37,672

AK120 II -> Linum Super Balanced -> Sennheiser HD25-1 II

Because why not?
biggrin.gif

I had a spare Super balanced (review sample/preview) with a defective 2-pin connector so I repurposed it for the HD25-1 II. There's a reason these old cans are considered one of the classics... They're great fun and going balanced certainly didn't hurt them!

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #16,220 of 37,672

My end game portable when I travel

Sony Pcm D100 into a Meier Corda 2sidestep into Nakamura Corps. Aclear Porta headphone conditioner
with my Sony DR-Z7 giving out them good vibes.

many thanks to Namakura corp for the gift, Okan for the Meier sidestep and Takato14 for these exquisite headphones.
Don't see myself changing a thing unless of course somehow any of it is damaged or stolen haha.
And even then I would only cry for the headphones.

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #16,221 of 37,672

Nice! how's the TTPOD compared to your XBA-1s? Just curious.

According to very personal opinion, the XBA-1s are a little bit more detailed and the TTPOD have a little bit more bass although both were an excellent purchase.
I listen mainly to metal (death, black, symphonic, and everything in between) and if you wanted to listen closer to the vocals you'd use the XBA-1s. But fi you just want some good old headbanging and blast beats you'd use the T1E.

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #16,228 of 37,672
New Angie's paired with the X5!!

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #16,229 of 37,672
Apr 17, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #16,230 of 37,672

Testing! Testing! Supposed to be preparing two conference presentations, and studying for the course I'm half way through. Instead I'm playing with these beauties - Cayin N6 and Oppo PM-1 - both of which arrived this week for 1-week reviews. Sheesh! I love/hate this hobby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back