Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 1, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #16,042 of 37,711
Nice. Impressions?

To me the VSD5 sound like a more refined version of VSD3S that's a bit brighter. I'll compare them to my recently lost GR07BE since these have made me decide not to replace them. The bass of the VSD5 sounds less organic than the GR07BE but it sounds more controlled and less boomy and punchier. The VSD5 has more forward mids but they are slightly thinner and less luscious than the GR07BE. I think it's this which makes the soundstage, clarity and imaging better. The treble is great with the setup I'm using but that may be because the DAC is dual wolfsons which although detailed, tones down the harshness up top. I had a quick listen to the VSD5 during lunch on my iPhone (Pandira) and it is harsher in the upper mids and treble. Maybe it's the source so these VSD5 might need a decent source to sound their best. My 2 cents.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #16,048 of 37,711
Wow that is beautiful that must have cost a lot of potatoes.

It's gotta be gordon ramseys potatoes he better cook em up in the next shepards pie or just a crinkle cut chips.

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #16,049 of 37,711
Wow that is beautiful that must have cost a lot of potatoes.

It's noticably heavier than my iphobe6+ and similar devices , but it's a solid and well built than heavy if you know what I mean, it just feels so "right" I can still put it in the side or back pocket of my jeans and be comfortable. Sound quality is stellar and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Laylas are fantastic as well, but I keep eyeing the K10 website, want to hear them so bad , think I'm going to make the dive on some custom k10's

And yes the setup cost half of Ireland's potatos =P worth every one though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back