Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 16, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #15,286 of 37,635
My portable rig:

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #15,288 of 37,635
  Nice array of cans!  any clear favourites?

Hard to decide... the Mentors are the most technically proficient (detail, positioning, etc.), but I prefer the sound signature of the Senns and the AKG the most. The Merlins (custom) are perfect for flights, as they isolate the best out of the bunch, and finally the Sonies are by far the funniest of them all.

So, which one I pick every day depends either on my mood or on what I'm planning to do :p

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #15,289 of 37,635

Hard to decide... the Mentors are the most technically proficient (detail, positioning, etc.), but I prefer the sound signature of the Senns and the AKG the most. The Merlins (custom) are perfect for flights, as they isolate the best out of the bunch, and finally the Sonies are by far the funniest of them all.

So, which one I pick every day depends either on my mood or on what I'm planning to do :p

:)

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #15,294 of 37,635
:thumbsup: would love to see you out and about in orchard with that.

Or u walk around park etc ah?

I did that already.  HD800 is not fit for street-level outdoor listening.  A golf course, or a civilized park however, is a whole new experience.  The expansive soundstage of the HD800 makes it ideal to be taken on a walk at a golf club or scenic park where people are civilized.  [I live in the Philippines' equivalent of Juarez, Mexico.] 

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #15,295 of 37,635

I did that already.  HD800 is not fit for street-level outdoor listening.  A golf course, or a civilized park however, is a whole new experience.  The expansive soundstage of the HD800 makes it ideal to be taken on a walk at a golf club or scenic park where people are civilized.  [I live in the Philippines' equivalent of Juarez, Mexico.] 

I bet you get some interested looks with the HD800 on. Did you make the leather case for that.

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #15,296 of 37,635

I bet you get some interested looks with the HD800 on. Did you make the leather case for that.

The leather case was originally made for use with my K3003 and CIEM.  Shopping for groceries during weekends with the Hugo powering my CIEM affords me the good fortune of not having to hear the wives of drug dealers talking about who they recently schtupped and who their husbands have killed.

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #15,297 of 37,635

The leather case was originally made for use with my K3003 and CIEM.  Shopping for groceries during weekends with the Hugo powering my CIEM affords me the good fortune of not having to hear the wives of drug dealers talking about who they recently schtupped and who their husbands have killed.

Yeah nothing is worse then hearing drug dealers wives bitch and moan lol. I live bear the Philadelphia are in the US,, and right across from Philly is Camden New Jersey and it's voted every year one of the most dangerous cities in the USA. In some neighborhoods law enforcement wont even go in.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #15,298 of 37,635
Yeah nothing is worse then hearing drug dealers wives bitch and moan lol. I live bear the Philadelphia are in the US,, and right across from Philly is Camden New Jersey and it's voted every year one of the most dangerous cities in the USA. In some neighborhoods law enforcement wont even go in.

I can identify with that, man.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #15,299 of 37,635

And oh, all the drug dealers and even their kingpin here are all Christians.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #15,300 of 37,635

Oic. I tot u lived in sg.

Srsly? Ppl killing each other there? Spread audiophilia man! Who knows,it might bring an end to drug wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back