Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 29, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #15,065 of 37,618
+1

How is the pairing of the NX1 and T1E & B3?

IMHO NX1 and T1E are match made in heaven! T1E are nice sounding phones but require some amping to shine to their fullest. They scale so well with power. NX1 is very clear, nautral amp but susceptible to EMI.
I can't really comment about B3 yet as I found that I am not much fond of neutral signature of it. I prefer warm, little bassy fun sound. I've had little time with B3 as most of the time is being spent on T1Es.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #15,066 of 37,618
IMHO NX1 and T1E are match made in heaven! T1E are nice sounding phones but require some amping to shine to their fullest. They scale so well with power. NX1 is very clear, nautral amp but susceptible to EMI.
I can't really comment about B3 yet as I found that I am not much fond of neutral signature of it. I prefer warm, little bassy fun sound. I've had little time with B3 as most of the time is being spent on T1Es.

Thanks. I currently have the B3's partnered to the Cayin C5 & Fiio X3. Whilst this produces a wonderful soundstage, lovely mids and treble I do crave just a tad more bass.
Looks like its time to delve into the wallet again :)

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #15,067 of 37,618
Thanks. I currently have the B3's partnered to the Cayin C5 & Fiio X3. Whilst this produces a wonderful soundstage, lovely mids and treble I do crave just a tad more bass.
Looks like its time to delve into the wallet again :)

Highs and Mids can never satisfy as much as lows can :wink:
Pull the trigger!

Dec 29, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #15,068 of 37,618
Hey,

Been doing some looking.  Has anyone heard the Pono yet?
Not too many words around for it.

Keen to hear peoples thoughts.
I dont care that its a giant toblerone haha, just want to know what people think.  I have read the respective threads for it, but not too much activity there.
I suspect as a lot of people buying them are not head-fiers?  More general consumers buying into the hype??
I just hope its not all hype :)

The form factor is actually perfect for my uses, but that means nothing if it sounds like crap.

Just to keep with rules, this is my currently go-to.

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #15,069 of 37,618
  I am not sure WOW is good. I listened to the Calyx M for 20mn, and at first I was like WOW, and after 10 mn I thought that maybe too much WOW can cause ear indigestion.

It is better to hear it for yourself. To me it sounds very good, and is a much better value than the 240. I really like the AK240, actually the RWAK240, but if you consider it costs 2.8k or so, now THAT is an underwhelming sounding player for the price. My P1 cost me around 900 dollars during BF, and it is small, user friendly, with a nice smooth sound.

You can take a look at Tomcsy impressions on the P1, he says it sounds good and is a better value than the 240, but sounds a bit too "faux analog". To me the term is a bit strong, it is just a smooth sounding player, but it does not sound off or weird IMO.

It is quite engaging, the sound is more on the analog / organic side but it is not dark or lacking detail. It pairs quite well with the NT6. Some people will not like it, well to each one his own!

Take this with a grain of salt as I just got it.

That's a very good point about the "wow" factor meaning long term fatigue.

Thanks for your impressions. I read Tomscy's review a while back and then heard other mixed impressions so I'm still a bit unsure on the P1, but I love it's design and interface, and generally really like Cowon players

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #15,070 of 37,618
Open the following spoilers at your wallets own risk...

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #15,072 of 37,618

That was pretty funny, what a beautiful set up.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #15,074 of 37,618

:blink:

:eek:

:D

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back