Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 31, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #15,091 of 37,669

I must agree with you cn11, the price points are just getting plain ridiculous! Same thing happened to the "audiophile" stereo world many years ago and look where most of them ended up, broke and out of business! You can only take the piss out of people for so long and then it all collapses. I honestly can't believe some of the prices I see out there and I think we need to collectively step back and take a reality check on all of this nonsense. If manufacturers keep pressing forward with the upward spiral in their pricing, we will not attract new blood to our hobby and it will eventually stagnate, wither and die. Just my 2c worth.

I agree these companies are going to concentrate on flagship models that cost a ton of money, and wont update reasonable priced products they will loose a lot of business. Don't get me wrong I am sure they will sell plenty of the higher value stuff, but I am sure a lot of there revenue comes from there products that are under $1000. And a lot of people will look at smaller family owned business that you don't hear about.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #15,093 of 37,669
Dec 31, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #15,095 of 37,669

What is your favorite portable rig that will actually fit in you pocket? But name one that wouldn't make your pants look like your smuggling a case of bananas.

My pants looks like that anyhow...if you see what I mean.
cool.gif

I like most of my rigs. Key ones now should be:
  1. 901 Minibox with any iem
  2. AK240 with SE5, 335 or Ref1
  3. Cowon P1 with NT6 or Roxannes
  4. Tera with SE5

This may change as  I familiarise with the new ones.

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #15,096 of 37,669

What is your favorite portable rig that will actually fit in you pocket? But name one that wouldn't make your pants look like your smuggling a case of bananas.

Aha. This made me laugh. That is funny cuz on the back of my mind I was thinking the same thing, must have some bigass pockets. I have big pockets and my x3 & e11k fits snug with a uncomfortable bulge. Maybe a nice inside coat pocket might fit those huge portable rigs? And yes I agree they are huge.

Dec 31, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #15,097 of 37,669
  What's wrong with me? I'm going backwards, against the normal HF path of kilobuck IEMs, and gear. 

Simple little rig- DX90 with new ASG-1Plus. Shocking the level of sound here at less than 1K all in, considering someone could conceivably spend 5K between the AK240 and new JH Layla. Sometimes lately I think to myself, what's wrong with this hobby's price points!

Are those the original cables from aurisonics? They look super sturdy! I'll have to have a listen to these sometime!

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #15,098 of 37,669
Are those the original cables from aurisonics? They look super sturdy! I'll have to have a listen to these sometime!

It's an aftermarket cable. Definitely helps with the sound a bit. For sure, we should get together and listen sometime. The 1Plus sounds awesome, not even considering the <$500 price. Idsync still has the Z5 which I want to hear as well.

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #15,100 of 37,669
My pants looks like that anyhow...if you see what I mean.:cool:

I like most of my rigs. Key ones now should be:
  • 901 Minibox with any iem
  • AK240 with SE5, 335 or Ref1
  • Cowon P1 with NT6 or Roxannes
  • Tera with SE5

This may change as  I familiarise with the new ones.

How do you like the Minibox i was thinking about getting one. Do you have the iem amp in?

Dec 31, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #15,104 of 37,669
Nothing special but it sounds great and fits in my pocket. I don't like big dac's and amps, I have them but don't consider it portable unless it fits in my pocket comfortably. Fiio X1 with Fiio E11K and UE 900S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back