Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #10,989 of 37,618
  iPod Nano 6G >> Venturecraft DD Socket 1 OPA627 >> Portaphile 627 micro >> Westone UM3X RC LTD = OPA627 goodness!

I like your placement of each piece of gear:) 

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #10,990 of 37,618
I have long Time not use My pico dac / amp , until i saw Your picture inspired Me to use today

Source : IPhone 5s
Dac / Amp : Headamp Pico Dac amp 16 bit / 44,4 KHz
Headphone : LCD XC With SAA Endorphin balance 4 PIN > balance 4 PIN to mini plug going to Pico HP out
Cable : iPhone 5 s use apple lightning to USB > USB to mini USB to Pico Dac Amp
Music file : WAV

High : smooth not so extended like Tube sounding High
Mid : very sweet , thats The strong from Pico dac amp
Bass : like Tube sounding bass , very Good impact
Separation : very Good separation from My Pico Dac Amo
Soundstage : not so Wide , for Close headphone is Good

Note : i havent tried My Pico Dac Amp before pair With iPhone 5s , wow surprised Me works very Good

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #10,991 of 37,618
All :veryevil:

Haha I wish I could afford them all.

He-400 with 3rd party balanced hp cable

Thanks for that.....I must say I'm thinking more towards the HE-500 out of the HiFiMan range.....I believe the M8 should be able to drive sufficiently.

I can attest to the HD650 having great synergy with the HiFi-M8.  If I was going to get a HiFiMan, I'd hold out for the newer models, simply because they are supposed to be easier to drive...

Also, since you have an iPod Touch that can run IOS7, you should get a CCK and an adapter to USB B, so you can start messing around with hi res audio...

Thanks ButtUgly.....I've owned the HD650 in the past and really liked them with the Toxic Viper cable.....would be good to try the Silver or Black Widow with XLR termination.

The Touch is full of standard ALAC and is used to stream Spotify......my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 has FLAC player loaded for my 24/96 FLAC files connected via the Lightning to USB and Standard USB-A to USB-B cable. Not really had a chance for a critical listening session yet unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back