Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #9,241 of 37,647

Studio v 3rd anv and akg420.
I was really surprised by how good the akg sound for its price

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #9,242 of 37,647
  I have the pleasure to meet with Rudi in Hong Kong tonite:

1. He has a friend who makes some really awesome cables. In comparison, there are Wagnus, Siltech 4 core and uber.
These DIY cables reveal great detail and texture. There is a short one has this truly deep bass impact.

I am now a firm believer of IC cables. They can really kick some asses if made right.

What are those plugs used for these cables?

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #9,245 of 37,647
Originally Posted by Greed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still skeptical about IC (as in interconnect, not integrated circuits) cables.
http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=KB_Columns&document_srl=1921&m=0

~0.001 - 0.1 dB difference?

Don't knock until you've tried it.

I was also skeptical before I started DIYing my IC cables. I tried all kinds of quality wires, but that proved to be not enough.

Even trying can't guarantee the results. You have to be lucky as sound is a bad boy who misbehaves while traveling. He doesn't follow the reviews and opinions of those experts.

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #9,247 of 37,647
Some purely aesthetic changes to my hard working rig. If I had the money id try some audio upgrades.

128gb DIYmod 'U2 splinter cell edition' ipod video > DIY Toxic Cables silver widow charging LOD > re dressed TTVJ Slim > AX-60's

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #9,248 of 37,647
I have the pleasure to meet with Rudi in Hong Kong tonite:

1. He has a friend who makes some really awesome cables. In comparison, there are Wagnus, Siltech 4 core and uber.
These DIY cables reveal great detail and texture. There is a short one has this truly deep bass impact.

2. I am now a believer in Japan cell Samsung battery brings SQ improvement to the DX50. Thanks, Rudi.

3. ZX-1 is good but not great. (IMHO)

You are welcime
It is very nice to met you last nite
I can tried your HM 901.Fiio .yiur philips gold editi9n headphone.your siltech IC cable.
I am .very happy that you like sound quality improvemenf with Samsung japan cell battery
And you like my friend Alex diy ic cable

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #9,249 of 37,647
AK100 Listrid 2.0 > VorzKABEL > VorzAMP Duo rev3 > TH900 (with 1m cable) + Hifiman case.

Jan 2, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #9,250 of 37,647
  Some purely aesthetic changes to my hard working rig. If I had the money id try some audio upgrades.

Aesthetic changes may lead to surprising audio changes. :)

Aesthetics is how those brand names attract buyers to pay for extra premiums. I am not an Apple fanboy, but I have to admit Apple's products have that aesthetic attractiveness. To this date 9 yrs after Apple released its first ipod, still no other daps can challenge ipod's aesthetics (form factor and UI). Of course, we are not talking about sound here. I just happened to look at a pic of the coming X5 this morning, man those 4 buttons look so ugly to me. I just hope its sound quality will be good enough to compensate the negative placebo from looking at those buttons.

Aesthetics even differentiate the stars from the rest in sports. MJ brought the aesthetics to the NBA games for us to enjoy and appreciate, not just because of his athletic skills and the points he scored. Yes I am a fan of MJ and you can tell. :)

Sorry for the OT.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #9,251 of 37,647
I was also skeptical before I started DIYing my IC cables. I tried all kinds of quality wires, but that proved to be not enough.

Even trying can't guarantee the results. You have to be lucky as sound is a bad boy who misbehaves while traveling. He doesn't follow the reviews and opinions of those experts.

I like your last comment. My friend told me to always be respectful and be open minded to differnt approaches in this hobby. Lets enjoy the process no matter you like to devote your budget in trying different core components (phones, amp, dac) or relatively controversial upgrades like cables, power supply, etc. to complete your favorite setup.

I try to balance between the two using my limited budget.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #9,252 of 37,647
You are welcime
It is very nice to met you last nite
I can tried your HM 901.Fiio .yiur philips gold editi9n headphone.your siltech IC cable.
I am .very happy that you like sound quality improvemenf with Samsung japan cell battery
And you like my friend Alex diy ic cable

Next meet Bali, my friend. I need a vacation!

If possible, please PM Alex contacts. Thanks.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #9,253 of 37,647
I like your last comment. My friend told me to always be respectful and be open minded to differnt approaches in this hobby. Lets enjoy the process no matter you like to devote your budget in trying different core components (phones, amp, dac) or relatively controversial upgrades like cables, power supply, etc. to complete your favorite setup.

I try to balance between the two using my limited budget.

+1, that's what I have learned from DIYing. Sometimes one post you read online could make a big difference. All you need is just a direction. Yes enjoy the process regardless of the results. That's what this hobby is all about.

BTW the dealer in the US does not sell the Siltech bulk wires. Don't know where to find it.
frown.gif

Jan 2, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #9,254 of 37,647
  Have you heard of the hm802 then? Impressions ? I am pretty interested in them
You are not using the sony LOD ? I remember Fiio selling them quite cheap

I do have the Fiio LOD for the SONY. It actually does sound much better when it is used instead of the headphone jack. I will be using it when I switch over to the Fiio E12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back