Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #8,716 of 37,584

Could possibly be. 
I don't know what the X3 sounds like but I know the E11 is awful,
I couldn't even run iem's off it as it made my ears bleed! ( Not literally! lol )
The E17 sounds far better but still wasn't great with in ears.
What DAC does the X3 use???

The X3 has a Wolfson WM8470 24-bit/192khz DAC. It sounds incredible, honestly. Through the headphone out and from LO. Very close to the DAC in your Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100. I believe it's just a step down, but it's portable also!

And the E11 is just an amp with no DAC, so if it sounded bad then you might want to consider your source or check your gain settings?. I found that the E11 with iPod or any other DAP provided a pleasant experience. But to each their own.

But I stand by my X3. I love it. When paired with my FiiO E12, my HD600's absolutely sing. Loud and clear!

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #8,718 of 37,584
Dec 13, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #8,719 of 37,584
Just when I thought I had collected enough of these iPod 5g's, this dude wanted to donate his like-new still in box 80GB. I had no choice. The back plate still looks brand new with a protective plastic cover.

Once I throw in a pair of my ATF audio pills this thing will sound fantastic. I feel guilty about being the only one who owns this specific mod. I mean the mod along with that lod has miraculously "perfected" the sound to these ears. Now I have to lower my amp volume by half compared to other caps I have tried, so you get an idea on how the sound is fuller with distinctly more extended bass on both ends.The caps just bring more energy to the sound.

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #8,720 of 37,584
On my way to try the best synergy

I have AB Ing between

Source : Sony WMZ ZX 1 vs
iPhone 4S mod as my favorite dap
iPad Air my latest dap
Dac / Amp : Sony PHA 2 with HIGH gain setting
Headphone : LCD 3 with Stephan Audio Art balance 4 pin cable
Sennheiser HD 700 with after market cable from japan
Ultrasone Signature Pro with oyaide after market cable
Ultrasone Signature DJ with oyaide after market cable

Cable : 4 pin female to mini male mini

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #8,721 of 37,584
  Just when I thought I had collected enough of these iPod 5g's, this dude wanted to donate his like-new still in box 80GB. I had no choice. The back plate still looks brand new with a protective plastic cover.

Once I throw in a pair of my ATF audio pills this thing will sound fantastic. I feel guilty about being the only one who owns this specific mod. I mean the mod along with that lod has miraculously "perfected" the sound to these ears. Now I have to lower my amp volume by half compared to other caps I have tried, so you get an idea on how the sound is fuller with distinctly more extended bass on both ends.The caps just bring more energy to the sound.

You´re a lucky guy, you don´t want anymore and you get one free, I should start doing the same. I don´t want more headphones, I don´t want more headphones, I don´t want more headphones...

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #8,722 of 37,584

You´re a lucky guy, you don´t want anymore and you get one free, I should start doing the same. I don´t want more headphones, I don´t want more headphones, I don´t want more headphones...

I have only one pair of ears so I only need one pair of phones. The headphones are out of my choices due to comfort issue (pressure, sweaty) personally and I can't put them on for longer than 10 minutes. So iem's are the only choice. Never been a fan of ciem's as my ugly ears don't match those beautiful art pieces. So universal iem's are the only things left. Once I found the iems I like it's hard to switch to another so called "sound signature".

I have said long ago here, the dap is the most critical piece of the audio puzzle. The amp and phones can't clean the garbage coming out of your dap. So if your dap is inferior, there is only so much you can do after that.

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #8,723 of 37,584

ATF pills??

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #8,724 of 37,584
  ATF pills??

ATF = Anti Terrorism Force. These special audio pills track/collect all frequencies of sound coming out of the dac and then make them audible to human ears. Thus a fuller, more extended and energetic sounding without compromising sound clarity, details and instrument separations. The treble is also extended on both ends but milky smooth and elastic. The mids are the lushest to die for. The LOD is also my ATF weapon using special cotton (enough hint) for breathing. The end results are excitements like watching air MJ flying. Hope I have not confused you.

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #8,725 of 37,584
ATF = Anti Terrorism Force. These special audio pills track/collect all frequencies of sound coming out of the dac and then make them audible to human ears. Thus a fuller, more extended and energetic sounding without compromising sound clarity, details and instrument separations. The treble is also extended on both ends but milky smooth and elastic. The mids are the lushest to die for. The LOD is also my ATF weapon using special cotton (enough hint) for breathing. The end results are excitements like watching air MJ flying. Hope I have not confused you.

Lol

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #8,727 of 37,584
I just try what Jeff recommendation as follow :
Source : sony WM ZX1
Dac / Amp : Centrance Hi Fi M 8
Iem : sony XBA H 3
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Cable : USB to USB A wire world ultra violet to hi Fi M
USB to DAC Sony to Sony WM ZX 1

Sound quality
High : more refine and better clarity , it is not harsh at all ,
Cymbals more natural and detail
Mid : more sweet and natural
Bass : better in detail and very clean bass sq , better impact as well
Separation : wth hi Fi M8 improve
Soundstage : more 3 D like you feel in big concert hall

Conculsion : so far excellent synergy between Sony WM ZX1 and Hi Fi M 8 use USB dac function
And this set up more to detail and bright site than dark or warm site , it is very good fir dark
Sounding headphone or iems

IMO

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #8,729 of 37,584
My fiend Alex diy best set up

Source : Ak 100 as pure transport mod
Dac : ibasso DB 2 mod
Amp : Ko Jo KM 01 as power amp
Pre amp : ALO International mod
Headphone : hd 650
LCD 3

Cable :
Ak 100 yo ibasso DB 2 use : coax cable diy
DB 2 to Ko Jo km 1 use : mini to mini diy
Ko Jo km 01 to ALO international use : mini to mini diy

Sound quality : like desktop set up , so power full and excellent sq
The best portable set up I ever heard so far for hard to drive headphone like Abyss 1266

IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back